Fashionisto
    Surely Cary Grant wears this:

Crombie Men

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesQ View Post
    Surely Cary Grant wears this:

Crombie Men
    That is a beautiful coat.

It certainly is! However, thare are two problems with that.

1.) Its 600 and my income doesn't allow for that extravagance

2.) It has been noted in my office that I dress more smartly than the directors. In fact I was held as an example of how other people should dress in the office!

3.) Everything looks good on Cary Grant. Also because of his thick neck he use to get double breasted suits that had really wide lapels to compensate for it. And he had a wide torso as well. I am more on the scrawny side with narrow shoulders.

But on the other hand you have to try on an item to truly know if its right for you.

Trend Setter
    Regarding the wool and polyamide: Most of the time, Polyamide is mixed with wool to make it more durable to a certain extend, but although polyamide is not as warm as wool, it keeps you warm quite well. There are high tech jackets around, that are filled with "fluffed" polyamide instead of real downs and feathers, so warmth shouldn't actually be a problem (of course, wool just feels nicer). It's rather the thickness (as I said, to a certain extend) of the whole outer material that determines how warm it keeps one.

Style Icon
    Good input, Anagni.

I'll be looking more into wool/synthetics, as I don't really like going all religious on fabrics. But, in my experience, anything with plastics spliced into them tend to age badly. Where natural fabrics gain character, plastics just look knackered.
    Last edited by MarcLager; 16-10-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Hi

Has anyone used Pope & Smith Chelmsford on eBay? They have got Reefer jackets for Sale for 35! And I am wondering if they're worth buying. It says 70% wool and 30% other but I am wondering if its a case of you get what you pay for?

+ Reply to Thread