FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Cardigan fit - help

Hi all,

I'm currently on the lookout for a shawl-neck cardigan to get me through AW.

Ordered this one from Mango, which arrived yesterday (in 'sand' although it infuriates me that nothing is the same colour in real life as it is on the mango website!):

So it arrived and I tried it on - I got a Large as I'm 6'1" or so and 185lbs and my usual thing is "if it's got sleeves, I take a large".

However, when I put it on, the shoulder seams are an inch or so down my arms, and I suspect it's too big. When I raise my arms the sides of the cardigan are well off my body and look a bit like wings.

Am I right to send it back and go for a medium?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Yattix View Post
    Hi all,

I'm currently on the lookout for a shawl-neck cardigan to get me through AW.

Ordered this one from Mango, which arrived yesterday (in 'sand' although it infuriates me that nothing is the same colour in real life as it is on the mango website!):

So it arrived and I tried it on - I got a Large as I'm 6'1" or so and 185lbs and my usual thing is "if it's got sleeves, I take a large".

However, when I put it on, the shoulder seams are an inch or so down my arms, and I suspect it's too big. When I raise my arms the sides of the cardigan are well off my body and look a bit like wings.

Am I right to send it back and go for a medium?
    Definitely, especially the low shoulder seams are the best indication, though the "wings" sound like a pretty good reason, to send it back :P Of course a picture always helps.

+ Reply to Thread