FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Should men wear jewellery?

We were just reading this article and wondered how everyone else felt about men wearing jewellery.

As a new jewellery brand just starting out we were planning to focus on mens jewellery, are we headed in the wrong direction?

We're having a go at styling some of our pieces. How do people feel about these combinations. Suggestions welcome!

Last edited by Saxonsofoxford; 07-11-2013 at 07:21 PM.

FashionBeans Staff
    You will always have success with things like bracelets. Men LOOVVVE bracelets and to a certain extent rings can be quite good. Necklaces are something that still haven't quite hit mainstream; they need to be aimed at the right market i.e more fashion forward, streetwear level rather than classic and heritage looks.

A lot will also depend on the person; I have in mind a few people on this forum who would be interested in all kinds of jewellery and others that would only be interested in certain pieces.

That said, the men's jewellery market is largely untapped with regards to reasonably priced, high quality interesting pieces, you either get cheap and poor quality or fancy and expensive.

Trend Setter
    I second William.

Thanks for the feedback, we're working on some ring designs at the moment. I think you're right about bracelets being more popular, there doesn't seem to be a lot of retailers offering necklaces or pendants. We might explore some other avenues too; tie clips, cuff links, lapel pins - see where that takes us!

+ Reply to Thread