FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

I don't even know what leg fit suits me any more...

As the title says I'm having a bit of a dilemma from fit of jeans, and trousers. I've no idea what suits me any more, I used to wear slim fit, but since I've been going to the gym and training hard my thighs and calves are bigger now so slim fit are now like skinny fit on me. I try straight fit and they just don't seem to feel right. Also I've tried tailored fit but they don't seem to be much different from slim to be honest. I guess the problem is I'm not used to the bagginess round the ankle, but if I could too tight I fear my legs will look like doner kebab meat on the roasting pole!

Fashionisto
    You probably want to look for a "tapered" fit, which should provide more leg room than current "slim" and "skinny" fits, yet will reduce bagginess over "straight" fits by narrowing towards the ankles. Not sure where you'll find such cuts when it comes to jeans, as they don't seem to be particularly fashionable these days, but you should have less of an issue with smart trousers (and chinos of a smart design), since even when they're marketed as "slim" they tend not to feature the same level of shaping as slim jeans, nor do they often utilize elastane.

The other solution would be to buy "straight" fits, then get them altered to your liking. Either DIY or via a tailor, you'll have the flexibility of choosing the amount of taper that suits you.

Fashionisto
    River Island have started doing a tapered jean... they are called 'Chester' however they don't have many different washes in yet

Trend Setter
    If you can afford them, Levi's 508 are a tapered fit that comes in a variety of washes

Trend Setter
    I have the same large leg problem. I recently bought some tapered jeans at Cos and they fit nicely, like slim jeans would on slimmer legs.

+ Reply to Thread