FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Chinos for work?

Looking for a bit of advice please folks. Most of the people in my office wear basic office type trousers and a plain shirt (no tie). Instead of going for this look I'm considering some slim chinos but I'm unsure as to what I can get away with. Without being too casual? I will be wearing them with my new deep red brogues, rust coloured tweed blazer/Donegal blazer and either a gingham check shirt or a plain oxford. Any styles of chino I should consider? Thanks!

Nat

Style Icon
    The look sounds good. There are numerous smart pairs around. You will want something reasonably slim-fit, not too heavy material, without any distressing or additional details like extra pockets, buttons etc. And maybe stick to classic colours such as stone, navy and grey for work?

Don't know your budget, but if it's not very high, then Next do a decent range forabout 20. Got a pair of navy ones on today.

dockers! there are slim fit chinos in all the colors you want
    look that the D1 they say slim fit is regular, the D0 they say extra slim is slim fit

Trend Setter
    Looking for similar style chinos (see the thread I started a little while back). I quite like the TM Lewin ones I have (slim not skinny, smart clean cut, about 70) , but they are dry clean only which has put me off buying more. I tried charles trywhitt but too loose even in slim fit for me (about an inche wider at leg opening). Dockers were my next call. Thing is, Dockers are around 70, and I would need them shortening, which would make them more like 80. The Charles Trywhitt's are around 40, I could have the leg tapered for 15, and still be cheaper than Dockers.

Trend Setter
    Thanks for the quick responses chaps! Some very helpful feedback here. I plan on going with some slightly brushed cotton slim grey chinos from asos. However I'm still considering some other colours. Possibly a very dark olive pair? Totally agree with the fit being slim. I also assume its acceptable for them to be non pleated. I shall post the look when my new stuff arrives!

Fashionisto
    Have a look at Uniqlo's smart chinos as well (not the vintage ones), they are very reasonably priced and are slim fit.

+ Reply to Thread