FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Are you going to be wearing it for smart casual? If so, the "rules" don't apply so much.

Shorter looks better for casual imo.

Also a bit of a pull at the button fits the current slim-fit aesthetic. Obviously not too much though.

These guys really know how to make a blazer / suit look cool imo:

Nat

Style Icon
    I agree with Ivan - nothing wrong with a shorter jacket in a casual outfit. In fact, longer "proper" suit jackets look incongruous with jeans etc. I think the length is fine. And depending on how you're going to be styling it, you can get away with a bit more, fit-wise. Only within reason, obviously (it still needs to fit really well), but you might wear it open more, showing off your layers, for example. In that case, it might be a bit more forgiving.

Fashionisto
    This blazer will definitely be used more so for a smart-casual look than anything else. Frankly, aside from wearing a suit for the occasional work meeting this is as formal as I ever need to go. I took two more pictures, with much better lighting. It's just the same outfit.

Unbuttoned:

Buttoned:

I have tried the 36R and it fits comfortably. It fits too much like a suit jacket for my liking but. My suit of choice is a 36R and it's great for what it is but I'd never wear that jacket casually!

There is clearly an amount of tension around the top button of the jacket and although this was less so on the 36R, it was still there a little. It doesn't disappear when I breathe in, but the 36S is comfortable.

Nat

Style Icon
    It does look a little tight when done up tbh, but if you're wearing it casually, and layering underneath, then having it open is fine imo

Quote Originally Posted by neil View Post
    This blazer will definitely be used more so for a smart-casual look than anything else. Frankly, aside from wearing a suit for the occasional work meeting this is as formal as I ever need to go. I took two more pictures, with much better lighting. It's just the same outfit.

Unbuttoned:

Buttoned:

I have tried the 36R and it fits comfortably. It fits too much like a suit jacket for my liking but. My suit of choice is a 36R and it's great for what it is but I'd never wear that jacket casually!

There is clearly an amount of tension around the top button of the jacket and although this was less so on the 36R, it was still there a little. It doesn't disappear when I breathe in, but the 36S is comfortable.
    Looking good mate. If I'm being picky, then yet it is a tad too tight at the front, hence the bunching. That said, it's not really a bit deal as it fits you everywhere else and the short length is perfect for the casual look.

Trend Setter
    Jesus - tough crowd.

I think it looks fine tbh. It's actually a really nice blazer.

Like what you're wearing with it too. Good outfit!

Trend Setter
    Agree, looks better in second set of pics.

Fashionisto
    Thanks to everyone who gave input, seeing as it'll be for casual dress, I will stick with what I have.

+ Reply to Thread