FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Chelsea boots or Tassled loafers?

Bought my first leather jacket the other day - a great black biker one from ASOS but i am struggling with footwear.
    I am torn between a pair of chelsea boots or oxblood tassled loafers. The boots would add a bit more of an edge to my look while the loafers add more class.
    Advice?

Nat

Style Icon
    They serve different functions (well, obviously they are both shoes!), would be used at different times of years, and contribute to different looks imo. So it depends on the aesthetic you're after. Oxblood tassle loafers will look great with chinos, oxford shirts, polos, knitwear, smart-casual tailoring etc - go sockless for some summertime prep. Chelsea boots will be better for this time of year, and would work well if you're looking a more indie-rocker vibe.

Get both imo! I don't wear chelsea boots myself, but lots on here do.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWardlaw View Post
    Bought my first leather jacket the other day - a great black biker one from ASOS but i am struggling with footwear.
    I am torn between a pair of chelsea boots or oxblood tassled loafers. The boots would add a bit more of an edge to my look while the loafers add more class.
    Advice?
    It's cold and wet outside, so go with the Chelsea boots now and get the loafers when the sh!t weather's passed and rock 'em with no socks.

Think i'll invest in both, cheers guys

Trend Setter
    The only thing with Chelsea boots is make sure your jeans are skinny - it doesn't really work otherwise.

but do you think the loafers will work with the jacket?

Yes, they'll look smart but the boots will have more attitude.

Nat

Style Icon
    Depends what the jacket is like. Some biker jackets are quite clean, zip up the centre, few details etc. If it's one like that, then loafers would look ok for an up/down look. But if it's one of those heavier-looking biker jackets, with assymetrical zip etc, then imo it wouldn't work as well. Just too much of a disconnect between the styles. Try it and see though. It's about how you rock it, at the end of the day

+ Reply to Thread