FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Trend Setter
    I have a couple of tweed jackets I wear a lot, in the smart casual way described above - usually some combination of indigo jeans/navy chinos, V neck jumper/cardigan and a blue/white/pink oxford, sometimes a button down denim shirt, with either brogue boots/suede chukka's. Sometimes I'll opt for a roll neck, usually camel, though I have recently got a bottle green one I am experiementing with.

Good to hear roll necks getting some love here. Going to start wearing some of mine more now it's getting colder.

Liking the outfit choice Pins. I normally plan what to wear before an event, but normally change my mind at the last minute!

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Ha! Yes, sorry to say that I do.

Outfit sounds good, though that's a lot of colour going on
    It's mainly neutral tbh, the jeans are definitely on the darker end of oxblood to the point where they could be considered brown.

Haven't tried it all together yet though so might change my mind when I do...

Fashionisto
    Thanks for the sound advice Nat and Alex, much appreciated. I'm planning on getting good use out of the jacket over the winter/spring period, using it mainly for casual / smart casual use during the daytime and evenings out / work events.

I'm keen on getting myself a burnt orange crew neck jumper, similar to the one below which is unfortunately out of stock in my size (similar price suggestions welcome). I'd look to wear this with or without an oxford shirt underneath, indigo jeans and either my Hudson oxblood brogues or stone suede desert boots.

Shirts wise I already own white, blue and pink oxfords, so what other shirts would work well with this colour jacket? I was looking at the Uniqlo corduroy shirts like the camel one below maybe or a light denim shirt (if wearing chinos)? I'm guessing flannel shirts might make the outfit look a bit busy with too much pattern going on?

Fashionisto
    Ooh, what about this orange flannel shirt maybe...

Trend Setter
    As an aside, I have my eye on a slim fitting burn orange/rust corduroy blazer on eBay, but I know that I would prob never really wear it, and definitely do not "need" it!

Flannel shirt looks good. I find it depends on the patter of the tweed jacket. I have one that is very mooted check, but deceptively hard to pair some stuff with.

Fashionisto
    I like to wear my tweed jackets with rugby tops underneath sometimes, something like this, although without the jeans being so distressed.

Fashionisto
    My Burgundy lambswool crew neck jumper and Uniqlo orange flannel shirt should turn up this week - looking forward to seeing how they both go with the Herringbone jacket (not together I hasten to add!).

Looking through the Ted Baker collection online and came across two:

Herringbone Coat

H
    erringbone Blazer

Any opinion on these pieces? They are nice and neutral to suit many looks, plus some nice detailing.

Unsure on whether to go for the shorter blazer or the longer coat...

+ Reply to Thread