FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Show me your tweed jacket outfit pictures

Having never owned a tweed jacket for casual wear before, I decided to bite the bullet and buy the following jacket from H&M - I'm after some inspiration for what to wear with it so give me your suggestions with pics if possible.

I've got a few tweed jackets and normally wear them with roll necks (any colour) or a white shirt for something smarter. Check out this article for some more inspiration.

Fashionisto
    Debating on a burgundy or orange lambswool crew neck jumper to layer over a white or blue oxford atm

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickswolves View Post
    Debating on a burgundy or orange lambswool crew neck jumper to layer over a white or blue oxford atm
    That would look good. You could also wear it with burgundy chinos/trousers and a black jumper.

Fashionisto
    Good call, I've seen some nice Chino's in burgundy that would go well. How about t-shirts / henleys, would they go ok?

Trend Setter
    As long as the blazer's fairly fitted, yeah that should look good.

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickswolves View Post
    I wear mine with both. Got a nice burnt orange v neck, which goes great with tweed. And a wine/burgundy one which works well too (tweed in general works great with knitwear). Pair of navy chinos or indigo jeans, maybe some brogue boots, and you're away.

I tend not to wear mine too casually. Smart-casual at best I would say. And that's how I would classify the above look. I posted mine a few time on the "what are you wearing today" thread.

T-shirts or henleys would look ok I guess, if that's the look you're going for. How about a grandad collar shirt for something a bit more relaxed? I like Joshua's idea of a roll-neck too. Camel would look good.
    Last edited by Nat; 07-11-2013 at 10:44 AM.

Nat

Style Icon
    PS if you want to be a bit more colourful with the bottom half, then burgundy and green (either forest or olive) both look good too. In that case, maybe keep the top half more plain (white oxford?).

It's basically a very versatile jacket!

I'm liking the tweed blazer / roll neck combo a lot. Planning to wear it for my birthday lunch at the end of the month (shamelessly plagiarised from Joshua in the WAYWT thread).

Gonna go with:

Tweed Blazer
    Navy merino roll neck
    Oxblood jeans
    my Burberry shoes
    Green Gucci holdall

Will be going shopping and having lunch at Harvey Nicks, then raving later which will obv necessitate a change of clothes. Sorry for the tangent, bit excited lol

Does anyone else plan outfits weeks / months in advance?

Nat

Style Icon
    Ha! Yes, sorry to say that I do.

Outfit sounds good, though that's a lot of colour going on

+ Reply to Thread