FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Help finding a tweed blazer

Hi all,

I really want to find a nice slim-fitting tweed blazer - I'm about 6'1" and slim/athletic build.

I've been through most of the high-street stores, Burton/Top Man/H&M/Zara etc and cannot find one that fits at all. Burton especially - the sleeves were way too short regardless of the chest size.

Similarly I don't trust buying a jacket online - too many variables.

Can anyone recommend any high-street stores I've not thought of, or have experience of a good quality tweed blazer that will fit a chap of my dimensions?

Trend Setter
    The problem might be that, unless I am mistaken, those stores do not sell blazers with Short/Reg/Long options within chest sizes? Try a store that stocks your chest size with a long option. You might have to think of places you would never normally shop - for example I recently got a nice 100% british wool herringbone slim fit jacket for just over 100 in a 36s (hard to find) from M&S! Admittedly they didn't have it in store, but was free to get delivered to store next day.

There is a really nice Herringbone tweed jacket on sale at House of Fraser. According to the label inside it's a border tweed woven by Robert Noble in Scotland but I am guessing it is put together overseas as the price is about 130.00 down from 200.00. It's a HoF Linea own brand but that hasn't put me off-I think it's smart. The only thing holding me back is I'm slightly concerned about the stitching on the one in my size and would want another ordered in, plus I can't decide which I want more-a check jacket or a herringbone.

Moss Bros had a nice wool hacking jacket type affair on Sale for 79 last time I was in though it may be darker than what you are looking for. There's some good bargains about just now from these types of shops at the moment; pay that bit extra and get something that will last rather than that High Street guff.

Fashionisto
    Thanks all - great advice. I will check out Marks and Sparks and HoF, two places I'd never normally consider!

+ Reply to Thread