FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    Col

Duffle Troubles

Will be purchasing a winter coat as a casual substitute to my long-lasting double-breasted overcoat. As much as I've read that Gloverall are THE go-to brand when it comes to duffle coats, I can't justify the expense, plus I'm almost certain that I prefer the below two anyway. Problem is I'm having trouble deciding which one to go for. I've only ever bought a couple of garments from Uniqlo and nothing from Bellfield so any opinions I can obtain will be appreciated. The Uniqlo one will be in the maroon colour.

http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods...humbnailSelect

http://www.asos.com/Bellfield/Bellfield-Duffle-Coat/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=3127695&cid=15656&sh=0&pge=1&p gesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Navy+and+burgundy

Last edited by Col; 14-11-2013 at 09:58 PM.
    "Only great minds can afford simple style." (Stendhal)

FashionBeans Staff
    I've come on the same problem, but I can kind of justify to myself the expense of Gloverall, providing I am totally sure I will get the use out of it; which at the moment seems unlikely because I still love my peacoat. Out of the two I prefer the Uniqlo one, its a bit more classic if you get what I mean; the Bellfield one is nice but I think its got more modern, streetwear edge.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    Will be purchasing a winter coat as a casual substitute to my long-lasting double-breasted overcoat. As much as I've read that Gloverall are THE go-to brand when it comes to duffle coats, I can't justify the expense, plus I'm almost certain that I prefer the below two anyway. Problem is I'm having trouble deciding which one to go for. I've only ever bought a couple of garments from Uniqlo and nothing from Bellfield so any opinions I can obtain will be appreciated. The Uniqlo one will be in the maroon colour.

MEN Wool Blended Duffle Coat*-*UNIQLO*UK*Online*fashion*store

Bellfield | Bellfield Duffle Coat at ASOS
    Funnily enough I was looking at the Bellfield one a few days ago as an alternative to shelling out for a Gloverall, haven't decided yet though.

Out if the two you posted personally id go Bellfield

If you already have a classic Peacoat I'd go for the Bellfield as it has a bit more of an edge to it... Depends on your personal style tho really.

I`d personaly go the extra mile on the gloverall one, pure quality that will last years. If you can`t justify the price then get the Uniqlo one.

The Bellfield is trying to hard to impress, trying to do a bit of everything & looking far to busy. You`ll wear it this winter then lose interest in it by the time the following one comes around.

Lyle & Scott do a duffle as well, if you don`t mind the small yellow emblem on it.

+ Reply to Thread