FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    Just found a pair with the sole of the brown boots posted above but in tan. What does everyone think of them compared to the ones with white rubber soles? Grenson | Fred, calf grain brogue boot
    I personally prefer them, rather than the wedge sole. If it's a 'dressier' look you're going for, the commando sole would definitely go with more outfits. Grensons/Loake/Churches/Cheaneys/Trickers are all shoes that are made to stand the test of time if looked after properly. By the sounds of it, you need a versatile boot that can withstand harsh weathers, and I don't think you're going to get a decent lifespan out of them (even with a leather protector) if they're going to be continually exposed to bad conditions. I cry a little inside when it rains, and I'm wearing my Archies, Sid's, even my Loakes!

Red Wing have an awesome collection, and their heritage is based around workwear. Their boots are durable, high quality and slick.

Trend Setter
    I don't need any formal shoes as my office dress code is smart casual so either would be good. I think I'm going to wait a week or two before deciding. The weather isn't bad enough to need boots yet and I have plenty of shoes so don't need to rush into this. Thanks for the feedback. I'll post on here when I place an order

+ Reply to Thread