FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Christmas Party

What is everybody wearing to the Christmas party? I'm struggling to think of something which is smart enough (no denim) but isn't the usual suit I'd wear to work. Any ideas?

Fashionisto
    What sort of place is your Christmas party in? Since it's no denim, it must be somewhere nice?? Or are you a big cheese just. =)

Fashionisto
    Good question...........my crimbo party is soon, its a black tie event, I have the normal tuxedo in black which I will wear..........but I dont want to wear a normal tie or bow tie, what does everyone recommend?

Cheers

I'll be wearing slim black jeans, black roll neck, silver/grey or possibly burgundy velvet dinner jacket and studded slippers. Love an excuse to dress up and look the bollocks.

I'd think out of the box a little, as Christmas is the perfect time to add a bit of flair. I'd try velvet, as it always looks luxe.

Ha ha, definitely not a big cheese. As it happens some velvet jackets did catch my eye last night but I wimped out. Perhaps I should take the plunge.

You won't regret it mate.

Fashionisto
    I'm in the same boat, really struggling for ideas - I've ordered a few things online and ended up sending them back because they don't look right - so frustrating! My problem is that I live in casual clothes, and know my style fairly well, however I don't know how to translate that into smarter outfits. On top of that I have a weirdly proportioned body it seems, trying to get a good fitting shirt with a 17 inch neck and a 28 inch waist is damn near impossible. I'm going out shopping in a few days, so I'm hoping to find some ideas before hand so I have a vague idea what to look for.

Trend Setter

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    I'll be wearing slim black jeans, black roll neck, silver/grey or possibly burgundy velvet dinner jacket and studded slippers. Love an excuse to dress up and look the bollocks.

I'd think out of the box a little, as Christmas is the perfect time to add a bit of flair. I'd try velvet, as it always looks luxe.
    You need to put this in the "What are you wearing today?" thread, it sounds an amazing outfit!

+ Reply to Thread