FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Leather jacket...too old?

Ok so I'm thinking of getting a leather jacket, I saw a nice one from All Saints earlier today, it's the brading style so plain, only thing that's bothering me is that I'm 31 and conscious of my age, how old is too old to wear a leather jacket?

Trend Setter
    dunno, more like 60. (depending on the jacket). come to think of it my granddad has a black leather blazer.
    you're safe!

That's classic, you can never be too old for it. It's nice actually, not seen that one before.

I'm 32 and still dress like a retard

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakermaker View Post
    Ok so I'm thinking of getting a leather jacket, I saw a nice one from All Saints earlier today, it's the brading style so plain, only thing that's bothering me is that I'm 31 and conscious of my age, how old is too old to wear a leather jacket?
    You definitely are not too old at 31 to wear a leather jacket.

The one you have picked is a nice simple design and you could wear it at 60 and would still look good if styled correctly.

Trend Setter
    good example of a middle aged man rocking a leather jacket: Indiana Jones

David Gandy is 33. Nuff said.

Style Icon
    I think, when you're pushing 70, you might want to hang up your leather jacket for good.

I'm 33, and my leather jacket is still very much a staple in my wardrobe.

Fashionisto
    A leather jacket will definitely be my next meaningful purchase, and I'm 31!!
    Technically, this isn't a jacket but I quite fancy this. BROWN OVERSHIRT - Jackets - MAN | ZARA United Kingdom
    It's pig skin leather - any good?? I don't know anything about the quality of various leathers but looking at the cost I'd imagine that pig skin is one of the lesser desirable choices??

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by BaconLad View Post
    A leather jacket will definitely be my next meaningful purchase, and I'm 31!!
    Technically, this isn't a jacket but I quite fancy this. BROWN OVERSHIRT - Jackets - MAN | ZARA United Kingdom
    It's pig skin leather - any good?? I don't know anything about the quality of various leathers but looking at the cost I'd imagine that pig skin is one of the lesser desirable choices??
    I think that's a pretty standard price for Zara leathers isn't it? I have a feeling pigskin is decent but quite a thin, soft, flexible leather - gets used for gloves and stuff. Depends what sort of a jacket you're after, think it'd work well in a light jacket like that one.
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

Fashionisto
    I don't like leather jackets and wouldn't wear one myself but your definitely not too old to wear one. I would say mid 40s is too old for leather jacket but even then it depends on your style and overall look I would say.

+ Reply to Thread