FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Hand Wash Items

I've bought a few sweaters recently which are hand wash only. How to people wash them? Literally hand wash them, low temp wash in machine.

Style Icon
    There's usually a hand wash setting on the machine. If not, I wash them in 30 degrees, no centrifugation. Be careful how you hang them up to dry, as they might stretch. Some knitwear is best to flat dry.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcLager View Post
    There's usually a hand wash setting on the machine. If not, I wash them in 30 degrees, no centrifugation. Be careful how you hang them up to dry, as they might stretch. Some knitwear is best to flat dry.
    Thanks.

Dry flat? (So I can tell the Mrs!)

Style Icon
    From Never Waste Time Driving to the Dry Cleaners Again, Dry Cleaning Pick up and Delivery :
    Drying flat. Many items like knits and wool sweaters have labels that indicate "lay flat to dry." If you don't follow these directions, the fabric may stretch or become misshapen. Lay the item on a clean white towel or sheet on a flat surface, away from the sun. Some of these items may need to be put on the "air dry" setting of the dryer first to prevent them from becoming stiff. Check the label on the garment for these instructions or symbols.
    Like so:

And do your own washing, man!

+ Reply to Thread