FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Leather Jacket Advice Needed

I'm looking for a spot of advice on my leather jacket. I have this chocolate bomber:

Revolution 727 Canada Brown Leather | Welcome to Genius

I want to sell it cause its a size too big for me. (I made the beginners mistake of buying a size up, thinking I'd need it for layering.)
    It was rather pricy (nearly 300 pounds). I've had it for years and it is pretty worn out. The lining is all ripped up due to its poor quality and the cuffs are frayed and stretched. The leather still is fine.

My first question is: how much would it fetch on eBay? And should I have it fixed? (let's say I put 50 pounds towards the repairs)
    I'm worried no one will buy it in its current condition.

Second question: anybody know of an affordable replacement? I'm looking for a chocolate brown jacket, in a fairly simple and classic style. It doesn't have to be a bomber. (I'm not getting the same jacket, allthough I love the design. The price isn't justified as the lining and stitching kept coming apart...)

Cheers

I've got this for sale, personally I'm not sure yours would sell for much on eBay and don't think it would be worth paying 50 to then try and sell it.
    Brown leather looks great on in my opinion!

Post some pics of the condition of yours tbh mate

It's worth putting on eBay in the current state it's in. You will get what it's worth.

You can always put a starting bid of the minimum you will accept and then just keep relisting it until someone buys it.

Trend Setter
    I'll give it a go as is and see if it sells. would like to get more than 50 pounds... anyone who can sew, can fix it with a bit of effort.

+ Reply to Thread