FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... Last

Having to pay for delivery on Mr P is a fucking par tbh

Any item of clothing over 100 should be free delivery as standard, wherever you order from

Trend Setter
    I'd rather pay for delivery and have free returns than the other way round. Preferably free both ways. The biggest companies tend to offer this I notice, and frankly I end up spending more with them anyway as a result. Some places like RI and Topman have the free delivery to store option, but that only works if you live/work in walking distance of a shop (petrol, bus or train fare or whatever will easily pay for delivery), so it's a bit of a non-option.

One of the best things about online shopping is that you can do it any time, you can usually get better prices (and discount codes), etc. But there are problems to it - like that you order sometimes basically to try the item on.

Mr Porter, Harrods, wherever, should be all about a premium experience - right down to the delivery. Their product should be all about the fact it's a luxury experience. Question is, does this mean that delivery ought to be free, or because those who afford luxury won't care about spending a few pound extra? Their figures will probably say that charging for delivery tends to make more profit. What smarts about it (never bought from there because of the prices, although I'm looking forward to their next sale I must say) is that their prices are always sky high, their sales are rare and there are basically no promotions except to 'founding members'. Compare this to a shop like New Look: classic example of a shop always with a sale on, and knows its market - that it's cheap as.

Trend Setter
    That is a good point, free returns is a massive bonus. Buying something online and realising it is one of the many things that is wrong be it size, colour, doesnt look the same as the picture etc etc list goes on and then having to pay to exchange or return an item is a joke. It always deters me in purchasing from an online store when it means more hassle or cash.

MrP is good with this, DHL come to you and pick it up when convenient and ship it back free of charge. cant ask for more really. Pay delivery once and get a free exchange or return as part of that payment, with a door to door service.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Very true. I paid 5.95 for 3-5 day delivery from Harrods which I really resent as it's not even next day delivery. I think a lot of people now expect free delivery and returns.
    Well at least you guys from the UK have it a lot better than us in the rest of Europe. For example to ship to Malta, Mr Porter charges 25 and End charge around 31. On the other end of the spectrum, ASOS has free delivery to here which is awesome, but returns are around 15.

Des

Style Icon
    I don't have a problem paying a fiver to Mr P. Nice packaging, decent courier company, customer service is quality (really friendly woman on the phone too). Plus you have to consider the restocking effort of making something quality feel brand new again. A lot of stores are lacking with this.

Highstreet stores have a load of overheads and we shouldn't really have to buy online but come on.. 6-10 for an express delivery with crappy Hermes in a mud splattered jiffy bag?

Trend Setter
    Mr Porter is quality all round. Their site is what a clothing site ought to be: it has magazine sections, the clothes are all carefully laid out and beautifully photographed and modelled, there's styling suggestions with every product and crucially advice to do with the fit. ASOS and the rest do this very sporadically, or it's clearly just boilerplate stuff that means nothing in practice (although ASOS do videos/catwalks which are good). Whenever I look at clothes elsewhere and reckon they'll be on MrPorter, I look them up on there and look for that info.

Trend Setter
    Must admit I like Mr Porter a lot, but I always found Matches better in terms of presentation and customer service. Their boxes are way more attractive and your items are even tied up in a bow with a card stating the name of the girl who's packed it. I like that DHL collect from your home, but it's frustrating that their latest period begins at 4pm and there's no way to guarantee they come later. Really tough if there's nobody around at home during weekdays. I often order from a small site where I have the guy's personal email address. Delivery is free but returns can cost 12 if shoes so it's swings and roundabouts. Luckily I know my sizes in most brands I like now so it's rare I have to send things back. Asos and other huge sites are kind of shitty and mechanical in the way you return things, but I guess that's what you get from companies sell cheapo budget stuff even if you order their better quality items. Gotta say that regardless of the all-round experience I still decide just based on value for money and quality. At the end of the day my super-colourful Matches gift boxes are lying around the house storing junk and don't bring much value to my life. When I next order clothes like usual it'll be about getting the best items I can afford rather than any added touches. Having said that the guy from Hermes who leaves my Asos bags in the recyclying box covered in dirt is a wanker.
    Last edited by Gibbe84; 13-05-2014 at 10:08 PM.

Des

Style Icon
    It's difficult to slag ASOS off. They were the game changers when it came to online fashion and how we ordered, and considering how they started out its an impressive model. I'd blame them the most for a deserted highstreet.
    It would be nice for them to stock more of a range though and not just things you can buy in the city centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    Having said that the guy from Hermes who leaves my Asos bags in the recyclying box covered in dirt is a wanker.
    Fuckin Hermes.

10 off orders with "millionairemay10x" on END clothing valid till 1st June, i think

Fashionisto
    Amazon currently have some Converse Jack Purcell's (Canvas) for 23.94. Only sizes 6.5, 10.5, 11.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...duct_refresh_C

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... Last