FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... Last

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Cruise, a once decent independent designer menswear store purchased by Sports Direct. Pile it high job to some extent now, but if the price is right, who cares.
    Quick unrelated question for you - can a poll be edited in a thread after it's been posted?

Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    Quick unrelated question for you - can a poll be edited in a thread after it's been posted?
    I've just had a look through the admin controls and I can't see any option to make a change..

Style Icon
    I've just had a look through the admin controls and I can't see any option to make a change..
    Thanks for checking it out.

Trend Setter
    Cruise, a once decent independent designer menswear store purchased by Sports Direct. Pile it high job to some extent now, but if the price is right, who cares.
    Sounds like Flannels. Picked up some absolute steals from them but takes about a week to delivery and comes in a giant box even if it's a few small items. Top brands but the service of Primark. Just hope Cruise have some brogues available in my size when I get paid August 20th. Can't justify it this month sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    Sounds like Flannels. Picked up some absolute steals from them but takes about a week to delivery and comes in a giant box even if it's a few small items. Top brands but the service of Primark. Just hope Cruise have some brogues available in my size when I get paid August 20th. Can't justify it this month sadly.
    Also owned by Sports Direct, need we say more.

Style Icon
    I bought a pair of trainers from Sports Direct a while back for €5 - a pair of Converse knock off style kicks. Got them for messing about in the garden with the kids. Perfect for the job.

Anyhow, they send over a massive box with a catalogue that was the size of an Argos catalogue glued to an Ikea catalogue, sandwiched between two Next catalogues

They also sent the biggest mug I have ever seen. It weighs a fucking tonne. I use it in the office for coffee. It's so heavy I now consider my morning coffee break as a combined coffee-drinking and exercise routine.

No idea how they make money sending 40 tonnes of paper and ceramics across the sea with a five quid pair of kicks.

Trend Setter
    Also owned by Sports Direct, need we say more.
    Makes sense as their site is also a a chaotic mess with crap pics even though they sell some quality gear

Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    I bought a pair of trainers from Sports Direct a while back for 5 - a pair of Converse knock off style kicks. Got them for messing about in the garden with the kids. Perfect for the job.

Anyhow, they send over a massive box with a catalogue that was the size of an Argos catalogue glued to an Ikea catalogue, sandwiched between two Next catalogues

They also sent the biggest mug I have ever seen. It weighs a fucking tonne. I use it in the office for coffee. It's so heavy I now consider my morning coffee break as a combined coffee-drinking and exercise routine.

No idea how they make money sending 40 tonnes of paper and ceramics across the sea with a five quid pair of kicks.
    You took the giant coffee mug (with huge Sports Direct branding) to work and use it regularly, other people see this regularly and you see it all the time putting Sports Direct into your sub conscious. To me, that's branding that works regardless of the cost. I should also point out that I now have 2 of these mugs, they're great for fitting 3,000 calories worth of hot chocolate in!

Trend Setter
    You took the giant coffee mug (with huge Sports Direct branding) to work and use it regularly, other people see this regularly and you see it all the time putting Sports Direct into your sub conscious. To me, that's branding that works regardless of the cost. I should also point out that I now have 2 of these mugs, they're great for fitting 3,000 calories worth of hot chocolate in!
    Sports Direct have the contract to supply Rangers kits to the masses, and it's really really embarrassing/disrespectful to walk into one of the stores and see your team's strips hung on the floor. I had no idea Mike Ashley owned other brands, but it doesn't surprise me as the guy is savvy if nothing else.

Last time I ordered something from SD, the big mug arrived broken

Stumbled across this store in Cardiff earlier, got some good deals on YMC, Norse etc

Pavilion Clothing Sale

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... Last