FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last

Trend Setter

Country pub family gathering outfit.

Hi,

Short notice. I am off to a family gathering for someone's birthday next Sunday. We're going to a rustic country restaurant, so I was thinking of this as my top half:

It's a tweed jacket 'Cedar Wood State' that my cousin gave me and a checked shirt from Levi. I'm going to wear the collar open as I don't like the look of shirts buttoned up to the top. I am not have the collar buttoned down as I don't like this look, either.

Anyway, I am thinking of maybe a red or burgundy pocket square, indigo/blue slim fit jeans (rolled up) dark brown leather belt and some burgundy boots...? I might also get some colourful socks to go with it, too

Thoughts?

Trend Setter
    That actually sounds like a nice outfit to me, I'd say go for burgundy pocket square rather than red. If you're going for colourful socks I'd say maybe pick out a colour from the shirt, blue would look cool I think.

Trend Setter
    sounds and looks good to me. open collar is fine I'd say, but I would button it down, cause unbuttoned looks strange.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by BrightonMike View Post
    That actually sounds like a nice outfit to me, I'd say go for burgundy pocket square rather than red. If you're going for colourful socks I'd say maybe pick out a colour from the shirt, blue would look cool I think.

Thanks, BrightonMike! I agree - red pocket square a bit magiciany, perhaps!

Thanks for the tip re. the socks, too.

Quote Originally Posted by sam1234 View Post
    sounds and looks good to me. open collar is fine I'd say, but I would button it down, cause unbuttoned looks strange.
    Thanks.

You say that (re the buttoned down collar) but I've always felt the opposite... Traditionally I have always disliked the button down collar... In fact, I am sure it used to be popular to have buttoned down collars in the 90s, then went out of fashion for quite a while (and clearly back in!)... I'll see how it looks and what other's say, too. You're probably right, though.

Am just looking for some burgundy boots atm (I'm a size 8)...

Pull&Bear | Pull&Bear Lace Up Boots at ASOS

Access Denied

Kurt Geiger | Shop PALMERSTON Burgundy Lace Up Boots by KG Kurt Geiger at the official Kurt Geiger Site. These look nice, though perhaps a bit expensive.

Mens Formal Boots - Darby Rise in Burgundy Leather from Clarks shoes So far.
    Last edited by Benvolio; 06-02-2015 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Added link to another boot

Trend Setter
    And, unless anyone has any major objections or better ideas, I am going to buy these... I knoooow they're so expensive, but I like them I think, they have one left of the size that'll fit and if I close my eyes and just press 'buy' they'll arrive and I'll forget about the money in a few weeks....

Nudie Jeans | Nudie Jeans Thin Finn Slim Fit Dusk Indigo Dark at ASOS

I might close my eyes and press send for that 95 honeycomb knit, too... (not for this outfit, though). (this one: Brussels Grey Honeycomb Knit Jumper - REISS). I know I shouldn't...

I totes need to comprehend the value of money before I become destitute.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    And, unless anyone has any major objections or better ideas, I am going to buy these... I knoooow they're so expensive, but I like them I think, they have one left of the size that'll fit and if I close my eyes and just press 'buy' they'll arrive and I'll forget about the money in a few weeks....

Nudie Jeans | Nudie Jeans Thin Finn Slim Fit Dusk Indigo Dark at ASOS

I might close my eyes and press send for that 95 honeycomb knit, too... (not for this outfit, though). (this one: Brussels Grey Honeycomb Knit Jumper - REISS). I know I shouldn't...

I totes need to comprehend the value of money before I become destitute.
    I like the Reiss jumper, go for it. Not 100% sure on the wash of the Nudie jeans. It is a but light in my opinion, but that may be what you are looking for.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by happydayz View Post
    Not 100% sure on the wash of the Nudie jeans. It is a but light in my opinion, but that may be what you are looking for.
    Do you mean a bit light, generally - or specifically for the kind of outfit I am thinking of here? You may well be right...

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Benvolio View Post
    Do you mean a bit light, generally - or specifically for the kind of outfit I am thinking of here? You may well be right...
    Generally. I think darker washes just seem to look better with most outfits. Plus heavy fading on jeans always reminds me of Eastern European women with faded ripped jeans (no disrespect intended to them!).

MLM

Fashionisto
    Got two pairs of nudie jeans, both bought on eBay, brand new with tags for 20 and 35 respectively. If you're not in a rush, and don't need them for the outfit that you're planning, would advise looking on there for a week or so before pulling the trigger (saved searches with email alerts would be useful for this).

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by happydayz View Post
    Generally. I think darker washes just seem to look better with most outfits. Plus heavy fading on jeans always reminds me of Eastern European women with faded ripped jeans (no disrespect intended to them!).
    hubba.....

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last