FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Football Boots

Hey folks!

I play 5-a-side twice a week, once on a 3G pitch and once on a crappier, firmer surface. I can make do with one pair of Astro's but two pairs are ideal.

Normally I just go to SportsDirect and pick up a pair of 30 Adidas but I wanted to see if there were any more stylish options out there. I don't want to spend too much as they will inevitably get ruined, but it'd be cool if they looked a bit nicer or more interesting!

Doing a bit of googling I came across Pantofola d'Oro which seems to do really good looking boots. Unfortunately they seem to be around 100+ for the plain style. However I've found this which I quite like, the pattern and colouring is almost Margiela-esque:

So first off, thoughts on those? And second, what do you guys wear/like?
    Last edited by BrightonMike; 19-07-2016 at 04:31 PM.

FashionBeans Legend
    On grass - puma kings or adidas copa mundial, both in traditional black with white logo.
    On wood - adidas samba, dark blue suede with with stripes.

I hung up my boots a good 10yrs ago now.

I was going to say, if you don't mind getting kicked - buy them. However, even centre backs wear pink and lime slippers now, so you are probably safe.

Style Icon
    I feel your pain. Family asked me what I wanted for Xmas and said some boots for 5 a side (assuming they couldn't possibly cock it up) so ended up with some hideous multi-coloured Adidas Messi ones. Wish people wore classic black styles these days rather than these hideous bright coloured ones which don't go with our red kit.

Pitches at Waterhall by any chance? Is Swift Sports still there at the Steine, could always walk in there and have a look!

I do like the look of those though, remind me of Adidas Sambas.

J8x

Trend Setter
    Copa Mundials for 3Gs and Mundial Teams for firmer surfaces. Mundial teams can work on 3G too provided that the surface is maintained properly and isn't covered in rubber. Can get both for around 60 from time to time when offers come up and they're probably the most hard wearing you can buy now. Puma Kings are also ok but are a bit bulky for my liking and the newer iterations use lesser quality leather.

Pantafolas are decent, but in my experience not worth the money unless you can get a good deal on them. Leather is buttery soft but my Lazzarini's lasted about a year before they tore whilst my Copa's are about 5 years strong albeit with only sporadic wear these days.

Trend Setter
    EddyP, It's Stanley Deason actually haha, I think Swift Sports closed down due to retirement a year or two ago, I go past it most days of the week but never pay any attention - pretty sure it's gone though!

Cheers guys, I think I'm actually going to pass on those, bit too jazz for me although I'd love to have 100 spare to shell out for the all-black ones! Guess I'll stick with Adidas for now, they're just so boring and standard though!

+ Reply to Thread