FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Style Icon

Look cheap?

So, realising there is not a thread for "what do you think of this?". I am looking to see what you guys think.

Does this look cheap? I know they are just photos. But I have been considering a leather backpack for a while now as I carry a laptop for my job mostly.

What do you think?
    ASOS | ASOS Leather Backpack at ASOS

My worry is it will look shiny or cheap leather. I would rather spend more if its worth it.

FashionBeans Staff
    spend more. cheap leather looks like cheap leather, it doesn't age as well and it won't last.

Style Icon
    I was already a no in my head. But I think I needed another. Thanks for the confirmation.

Style Icon
    Nobody over the age of 15 should own a backpack

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    Nobody over the age of 15 should own a backpack
    I dont agree with this. As long as the backpack doesnt look childish, I dont see the problem.

Going through the tube and traveling throughout the week. A backpack is great for my back.

I actually dislike messenger bags more than anything. The weight is displaced as well.

Style Icon
    The thing about backpacks is that no matter the style or the person carrying them, I always suspect that they contain a Spiderman lunch box with a sandwich, a mini chocolate bar and an apple. They are also extremely annoying as most of the people who wear them seem oblivious to the fact that they are wearing them and constantly bash other people with them as they make their way to school.

If I'd my way, they would be banned from use in public areas except for in assigned places similar to smoking areas.

Fashionisto
    Im not a fan of bags in general - a pain in the arse and creases clothes!

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    If I'd my way, they would be banned from use in public areas except for in assigned places similar to smoking areas.
    Are they worse than Nissan Micras Dorian?

Des

Style Icon
    Lol I bloody love a good backpack. Holdalls are good too but messenger bags are such a post grad safe option that they bore me to tears.
    Re the asos one I can't tell the leather quality from the stock pic but I would say the cheap element is the flap that guards the zip. Although that's a personal opinion, it's like their 'dedicated design team' couldn't figure how to bind the leather to the body.

Style Icon
    I'd rather have a backpack surgically attached to my back than drive a Nissan Micra.

+ Reply to Thread