FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Wool or cotton suits?

I'll mainly be wearing it for job interviews and other formal events, so not very often.

So which is best?

I know cotton or polyester are the most sensible and safe choices, but wool suits just look so damn good.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by aarondoods View Post
    I'll mainly be wearing it for job interviews and other formal events, so not very often.

So which is best?

I know cotton or polyester are the most sensible and safe choices, but wool suits just look so damn good.
    Wool all the way. I wouldn't even considered a poly/cotton suit.

Fashionisto
    I wouldn't describe polyester as "sensible", I'd say it's more of a necessity when your working on a budget.
    You want this suit for job interviews and important occasions so you need to look your best and you certainly won't wearing polyester!! The world should be cleansed of polyester suits, they should be rounded up and burned!!
    Nothing wrong with a well made cotton/polyester blend, just as with any suit make sure you get it tailored and then accessorize accordingly!!

If money isn't an issue, then opt for natural materials.

Of course I wasnt talking about the ugly shiny polyester, i meant the slightly better looking none shiny one that seems to be standard for job interviews.

Trend Setter
    There are some very nice cotton suits out there, but mainly for the summer I believe. Up scale cotton can look very luxurious and it can be hard to tell it's 100% cotton.
    If you'll be wearing the suit outdoors during the summer (weddings etc.), I'd go for cotton or a wool and linnen blend for comfort.
    If you want to look smart in winter, I'd definitely go for wool! (and never polyester, unless there's a budget issue)

Trend Setter
    I have a nice cotton suit that I bought for a summer wedding and which is reasonably versatile because the jacket can be worn seperately. However, for an interview/all round suit then it is wool all the way.

+ Reply to Thread