FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    HIT

Oldest piece of clothing....

Whats the oldest piece of clothing you own that you wear on a semi-regular basis?

Mine is a Adidas Track Jacket I bought in 2006, image below isn't the same one, but it's quite similar.

Got it when i was going through a stage where i was pretty much addicted to adidas originals, must have had 10 track tops at one stage, which have all been sold now.

Gets worn on lazy days, going shops, running little errands etc. Can see myself wearing this for many years to come.

NOTE: OLDEST FROM TIME YOU'VE OWNED. SO THE VINTAGE WWII AVIATOR JACKET YOU BOUGHT 2 MONTHS AGO DOES NOT REALLY COUNT

Trend Setter
    I have a plain green Lacoste polo I picked up maybe 10 years ago that hasn't maded at all and looks almost new. Not their biggest fan for fashion items but their t-shirts wash very well.

Fashionisto
    Probably a navy jumper with a checked shirt insert, just like the ghastly ones from Next.

Must have got it about 5-6 years ago, definitely need to get rid.

Style Icon
    Not sure if it counts, but I've got an Adidas track jacket that I've had for at least 15 years. I got it from a friend of the family, who himself didn't quite remember when he got it, but there are pictures of him wearing it from 1981, so around 80/81. He used it when warming up before football. So it's been washed quite a bit. Colours and seams are all mint. The only thing that's gone is the cheap print of his shirt number on the front, but the sponsor logo (a Swedish supermarket firm) is still flawless. The quality is just outstanding!

I also have my grandfathers old winter coat from the 70's, that I've also had for about 15 years.

But the oldest thing I have that I bought new myself, is either my black suit or my cord blazer from H&M. Both bought in '06.

Mine would be my Diesel leather jacket, from about 2003 I think

Also most expensive, so has worked out pretty good value!

Got some Grenson brown suede Chelsea boots that I've owned for years and can't get off my feet. Need to get them re-soled at some point. It's actually pretty rare for me to keep clothes for too long, as I normally get bored or move on and eBay the lot!

Style Icon
    I've got a pair of beat to shit blue hi top chucks from 2009 which still get a bit of wear during the summer...also a pair of bootcut jeans from 2008 (maybe even 2007) which live on as shorts, if that counts...
    Photographic exploits: http://ow.ly/su7Io

Musical proclivities: http://ow.ly/su7Ju

Assorted twitterings: http://ow.ly/su7Nb

Fashionisto
    I've got a pair of grey and blue Adidas Stan Smiths that I've had since the summer of 2008, they still look pristine. I'm not a big fan of trainers or any sportswear in general but there's something about these simple canvas trainers that I just love.
    I break them out once or twice every summer.

HIT

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    I have a plain green Lacoste polo I picked up maybe 10 years ago that hasn't maded at all and looks almost new. Not their biggest fan for fashion items but their t-shirts wash very well.
    I also own a plain green Lacoste Polo, had it for about 4-5 years now, still as soft as it was when new.
    Great purchase.

HIT

Used to love Stan Smiths, they where my go to trainers for awhile. Black upper white soles.

+ Reply to Thread