FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Style Icon

All Saints Jeans Sizes

Hi Everyone. I've been reading Fashion Beans articles for a few months now and have found it a really cool site. I'm new to the forums - so forgive me for delving in straight away with a thread seeking advice, but as there is a discount sale on at All Saints until tomorrow and as they don't have an outlet anywhere near where I live (and thus cannot try on their clothes), I was hoping you may be able to help me with sizings for their jeans.

I would like to get a pair of their cigarette jeans - I normally wear a 32. The likes of Diesels Thavar stretch in a 32, I would find a good fit. However, I know from experience that All Saints sizes can vary wildly and don't always match up to what you'd expect, so is this the same with their jeans, or would I be safe enough ordering a 32 waist?

Thanks in advance!

You can be safe going for a 32 mate. Some of the cigarette jeans have some elastane in the fabric composition; I would recommend going for those personally.

They now do 33" in a lot of their jeans, which is perfect for me.

Fashionisto
    I have a few pairs of All Saints Jeans including Cigarette fit.

I love the way AS jeans look but they will strectch beyond belief especially at the waist. What fits in the shop will be too big after a few weeks of wearing.

The same goes for the Chinos etc.

Style Icon
    Thanks Ivan - good tip on the elastine.. some of the new Diesel jeans have that too - they definitely make for a better fit and are great for comfort (you don't have to worry too much about squashing the nut sack when you sit down!).

Style Icon
    Thanks for the replies. The elastine is always worth looking for - Diesel have added this to some of their skinny jeans and it makes for a better and more comfortable fit.

Bit of a worry though about the AS jeans losing shape. I stopped buying River Island jeans years ago for the very same reason. I would have expected more from a more expensive brand such as AS.

Fashionisto
    Ahhhh, some of these responses have really scared me off!! I was just about to order some cigarette jeans, should I size down?? I really don't want to pay 100+ for Jeans that won't fit in 3 weeks time!!

I haven't had any problems with stretching and I've had numerous pairs.

Which ones are you going for, Bacon? The composition / wash should give a good idea of what to expect.

If they are raw, you can anticipate significant stretch.

Washed & 100% cotton shouldn't stretch much at all.

Any with elastane in will mould to your shape a bit.

(all in my experience)

Fashionisto
    These are what I've got my eye on Ivan. I've got a thing for Japanese selvege denim at the moment, should I believe the hype??
    Mens Dry Rinse Cigarette Jeans (Indigo) | ALLSAINTS.com
    %100 cotton so shouldn't be too much stretching??

I like the idea of raw denim but it all seems like abit of a hassle, also, I like that raw indigo colour, I'd want them to stay that way!! I think I prefer my jeans pre faded...
    Last edited by BaconLad; 03-12-2013 at 05:27 PM.

Hmmm, raw denim ain't really my department, but I would probably say size down on those bad boys

I do like the raw indigo colour too but my concern is also that it just fades away. I think raw jeans look good faded but it's that middle stage where they just look a bit shite.

As an aside, I do think that there should be some notes on Raw Denim care / sizing on the All Saints site, I can see a lot of people ordering them without knowing the deal which could be pretty disappointing.

I would go for these bad boys personally:

Mens Stamp Cigarette Jeans (Indigo) | ALLSAINTS.com

Fashionisto
    I really like the stamp cigarette aswell, the fit around the knee looks particularly good, slightly clumped and stretchy sort of looking, I really dig that, they sit really well on that model. The problem is they don't look very tapered at the cuff, a little bit too wide for my liking, I'm not a fan of turning cuffs up so I'd want to put them down, I'm worried they might end up looking like flares!! I've also already got jeans similar to them (wash) so I'm not really expanding my options, more like upgrading quality. Plus they're not Japanese denim, at least I don't think they are?? For some reason that is a very important factor in my decision making, but I don't know why!!
    What is the deal with Japanese denim?? I've got it into my head that I should only be buying Japanese denim...
    The dry rinse look a little more tapered at the cuff and they're definitely Japanese denim!!
    Do you ever wear your jeans with the cuff down?? I think I'd feel better about the cuff up if I had some rounded boots, mine are more pointed and look much better with a little bit of the cuff covering them.

+ Reply to Thread