FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last

Trend Setter

Mr Porter Sale

Does anyone remember when the Post-Christmas sale on their site usually goes live? Can tell it's likely coming up with Matches (their main rivals) having their usual 30% off for past customers sale ending December 11th and usually both sites start their seasonal clearance the same time just after this deal expires. Really want a high quality winter coat and a pair of boots and currently can only afford one of the two at full price. Looking to wait for the reductions then snap up both hopefully....

End of year. It was the 30th of Dec last year.

Trend Setter
    Thanks a lot mate! Three more daydays to save from would be perfect!

Does anyone else think that Mr Porter's styling is fucking awful?

Trend Setter
    Sometimes they make some good outfits, but in general I think matchesfashion is doing a better job, as is thecorner.

EDIT: I just flipped through a few pages of outfits and I take it back. There is probably always some bad outfits on either side, but they're not actually that bad. I love some of their outfits, actually.
    Last edited by Anagni; 06-12-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Any examples Ivan? I've always thought they were good on the whole. It's a hard job styling every single item, but I'm sure you'll find some awful ones now.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    I tend to agree. Their style director seems to try too hard to push the boundaries to the point where outfits look forced or unnatural. I always find sites best when they show items in neutral ways where they stand out on their own rather than trying too hard to dress them up in a way most people will never use them. On the other hand their YouTube videos on "how to wear...." can be interesting. There's always a few options that look too feminine or try-hard but you get some good combination inspiration too. Must admit I buy far more stuff from Matches than Mr Porter but this season for footwear and coats which are the key items I'm waiting on MrP has more appealing lines for my needs.

Trend Setter
    On the most part, Mr Porter seem to get it right in terms of outfits. However, yeah there are some which are pretty cringe worthy. (some of which are obviously trying to sell you the most fucked up piece imaginable)

That said, I enjoy most of their videos, but there have been a handful of outfits here and there (especially on Dan May's 5 ways to wear series) which simply look too "catwalk-y" for me.

When is selfridges & house of fraser having big sale?

thanks in advance

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    But where else can you go to spend 1100 to look like a twat on Christmas day...?

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last