FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

High quality black jeans

The only piece that I need to be high quality as I wear them so much, and as I find that I just buy cheap pairs because they just fade constantly. Has anyone got any recommendations for a brand I should look at, where the durability and longevity of the jeans will be a long time? I've been considering Levi's 508s because the fit is perfect for me.

All jeans will fade. it's especially noticeable with black

My ex used to dye hers all the time

My favourite black jeans are my All Saints print cigarettes

Style Icon
    If Levi's is an option, that is THE option, in my opinion. You won't get better value.

Got 8 pairs of All Saints old gun fit pants. Loved the first pair I bought and decided I never wanted to be without a pair so bought the loads of them and they're the only bottoms I wear now. But I would recommend dyeing your black jeans every so often to keep them looking fresh.

Fashionisto
    Yes Joshua.. also a massive fan of the gun fits.. a good fit for me although the overdoing of the 'drop crotch' by seemingly everyone does stop me wearing them as much nowadays..

Im in the market for some black jeans/chinos at the moment.. think im waiting on the all saints sale but anyone has any decent recommendations for a man with chunky thighs id be obliged!

Also hate that the low crotch look has exploded onto the high street. I'm 6'4" so thankfully they don't look too low crotch on me. I'm also looking for some more pairs to add to my collection but so far no luck. Although these Lanvin ones work well, I got last seasons in the sale and they're pretty cool. Let me know if you find any decent ones.

Trend Setter
    Are these high quality enough for you? (Sidenote: does anyone have any experience with Acne?)

Trend Setter
    If you can splash the cash Acne jeans are great.

Trend Setter
    @Malti

Had a pair, since retired due to over wear.

They were the skinny fit, they come up very slim but I wouldn't say as skinny as for example my print cigarette.

Are you drying your jeans? I always hang my jeans over to dry. I never dry mine -- not even once. I think washing them alone prevents the ink from spreading across other clothes. I'm not sure about that theory but I do it anyways just in case.

+ Reply to Thread