FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 ... Last

Alright guys,

I'm Adam, 22, a student at UCLan and long time lurker of these forums. Really started taking an interest in my appearance and clothes in general but am quite conservative in my choice of clothes - I'd never rock a blazer to a pub. Love the site and the forums and all the advice to found therein.

Been lurking here for a few months and decided to sign up. Pretty skint atm so every time I go on here I just end up lusting over things I can't afford! Slowly up dating my wardrobe with: Deserts boots, Chelsea boots, Oxford shirts, jumpers etc.

Basically if I could I would dress like this everyday:

I believe I may have introduced myself in the wrong forum prior to this! (showing how much of a noob I am). I am based in Chester but spend a lot of time in both Manchester and Liverpool and i can safely say I am addicted to buying nice garments from charity shops! I hope to post up some of my latest purchases over the past month online here!

Regards!

Style Icon
    I'm Dorian Grape, Grape to my friends... I live on the West coast of Ireland. Not the easiest place to find decent clothes shops - so I do most of my shopping on-line or on trips to the UK. I came across Fashion Beans a few months ago when I was looking around for ideas for other places to buy online. I like the way the articles are very opinionated, not entirely serious, and always leave the final word to the readers. That's a nice touch.

I'm fairly laid back about my dress style - but that's not to say that I don't love clothes! So, I kinda feel at home here among like-minded people. The forum, I only recently discovered and I enjoy reading through them, seeing what people are wearing / buying / want to buy / want tips on etc etc.

Not entirely sure about posting in the "what are you wearing today thread" mainly for fear of someone I know in real life spotting me, but I'm tempted... that's one of the best threads on the forum, made all the better by the ever-stylish Ivan.

My confession is that I don't own any oxford shirts, desert boots or chinos and don't intend to either!

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    My confession is that I don't own any oxford shirts, desert boots or chinos and don't intend to either!
    Love this quote!

HEre I am

As my username says, the name is David/Dave and at the grand age of 48 I have found myself reviewing my life and style following my marriage break up. I worked for a well known Men's tailor back in the day and learnt a heap of stuff about style and fit that once I was married I completely forgot about until stumbling across this site whilst looking for some style inspiration.

Lost a couple of stone and have settled back down to a 32" waist and 40" chest whilst in the process of rebuilding my wardrobe and look. Good thing is, I am already getting some compliments about my new found "style" from various quarters and that is a real ego boost.

Thanks guys for all your posts and tips, helps an old man look good.

I live in London, enjoy reading the articles and lurked the forums for a while before finally registering. My style is quite smart-casual and my wardrobe mostly consists of: shirts from The Kooples FITTED range, ACNE skinny jeans, a few Reiss blazers and shoes from Paul Smith or Russell and Bromley.

Knitwear is mostly Reiss and J Lindeberg (they really need to open a store in London!) and plain tees from Hugo Boss (the only items of decent quality they make). I enjoy wearing a tee and chunky knit cardigan on weekends with a leather jacket over the top.

Work is a formal environment so my shirts and suits are from Suit Supply, ties from here, there and everywhere and shoes from Crockett and Jones.

My ever expanding wish list consists of: a bespoke Burberry trench (in burgundy), Thom Sweeney suits, Gaziano and Girling shoes, Emma Willis shirts, Drake's ties, and a Breguet watch (we can dream...)

Feel the need to introduce yourself! I do like that.
    Hey, I'm luca and have always loved clothes, both mens and womens, however I only wear mens.

I just love funky jeans, funky colours for summer and faded blues for winter.
    Linen trousers many colours for the summer is also a thing of mine.

I must admit I do like a brand name, however I can work with most things.

Hi guys (and girls?) I'm a 21 year old student from munich who finally registered, after reading these forums for quite a while.

Fashionisto
    Hi there,

After having read the forums and articles I just couldn't resist signing up. So many interesting topics and ideas! So here I am, hoping to learn and share a lot with you.

I'm Mathew, a 17-year-old boy from the Netherlands. I've always paid attention to what i look like, but since I read these articles and topics I feel the urge for doing more than that. I'm a shoe seller in the weekends since 2012 and I've learned a lot since I sell shoes. Magnanni, Francesco Benigno, Santoni, Crockett & Jones and Van Bommel are my favorite brands. Besides my weekend job I go to school, where I'm in the last grade, hoping to go to university coming year. I really like slim-fit so I buy most of my clothes at Zara or Mango I think a perfect mix between classical elements and slim touches is the best.

As I already wrote, I'm looking forward to learn from and share a lot with you guys. Because, as this cliché says truthfully, style consists of more than fashion. And we can keep developing our own style, while looking at others.

+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 ... Last