FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Fashionisto

Belt or no belt?

They say that good fitting trousers shouldn't require a belt. I always think any outfit looks so much better with a belt.

Trend Setter
    I used to think the same way. Now I barely ever wear one. Then again I barely ever tuck anything in (shirts not required in my line of work) so as long as I'm wearing well fitting clothes the belt is both unnecessary and unseen.

Style Icon
    You don't want to end up in the situation where your pants have loosened up towards the end of the day and are sliding around I say belt
    Tasteless Ape
    Health advisory: user owns shitty shoes

Trend Setter
    Good fitting trousers should never "need" a belt, however, allot of outfits look better with them - i see them more as an accessorie etc.

Some outfits i think look better with belts, but some can look better without. And for anything involving a tucked in shirt, regardless of trousers fit, will be helpful for keeping the shirt in place.

Ultimatly, i think it comes down to taste. Both can work.

Hey Benjie!! Belts are one of my favorite accessories. They gives your pants or jeans an extraordinary look, though it also provides a support if your jeans are not fitted in. So, if your jeans or clothes are fit properly, you will require a belt to stop it from sliding down. You can wear belts of your taste, color and try different textures. There are no hard and fast rules. Fashion is You, Nobody Else!

Trend Setter
    I don't remember myself worn a pants w/o belt. Belts are like a watch for me, I feel weird if I don't wear one.
    instagram, twitter, beme: @jademanalac

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by anderson43james View Post
    Hey Benjie!! Belts are one of my favorite accessories. They gives your pants or jeans an extraordinary look, though it also provides a support if your jeans are not fitted in. So, if your jeans or clothes are fit properly, you will require a belt to stop it from sliding down. You can wear belts of your taste, color and try different textures. There are no hard and fast rules. Fashion is You, Nobody Else!
    I agree! I just get annoyed by people who think you are only wearing a belt because your clothes don't fit!

Feels very liberating wearing pants/jeans without a belt and without having to pull them up every 30 seconds. I sometimes downsize on them just so I don't have to wear a belt (and I go for a skinny look). I do think laziness plays a part however.

FashionBeans Legend
    Belts - you either wear one, or you don't.

FashionBeans Legend
    Ukalec's version: "trousers, you either wear them, or you don't"

+ Reply to Thread