FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

India

Hello gents!

I'm off to India in Feb for a couple of weeks, and was wondering if any of you guys had been and what you'd recommend wearing?

I'll be going to Kerala, 2 days in each of the following: Cochin, Munnar, Thekkady, Alleppey (this is a cruise), Kumarakom.

I'm trying to find a balance between - clothes to keep me cool, and comfort for lots of walking/travelling. I was assuming I'd take some light, lightweight cotton chinos, and t-shirts and a couple of oxford/linen shirts. I was more wondering about footwear? I would assume boots for all the travelling, but it's going to be close to 30 degrees with not much of a drop-off in the evening.

Any thoughts?

D

Style Icon
    I went to Bali a few months ago which is pretty similar in temp.

I carried mostly slip on shoes like vans and sperrys with light cotton and linen shirt. Also had a pair of sandals and flip flops for the beach and a pair of hiking boots

Fashionisto
    Good time to go, weather will be nice, not unbearable. I'm in the North but i'd recommend for footwear sandals or flip flops and then at night something more comfy like boat shoes or sneakers. When it gets dark it gets pretty nippy as not much cloud cover so a hoodie or cardigan comes in handy too.

But during the day a tee/soft shirt and jeans/shorts will suffice, have a good one!

+ Reply to Thread