FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last

New Members - Introduce Yourselves!

If you feel the need to introduce yourself, this is the place to do it.

Say hello!

Trend Setter
    What about existing members introducing themselves and telling everyone a bit more about who they are?

I suppose that would be acceptable

Let's all get to know each other!

Hello Gents!
    My name is Jeron and I'm from the US. I'm just starting to get into more of the smart/casual end of Men's fashion. I plan to learn a lot from all of you here, so I hope you guys don't mind if I ask a ton of questions. I'm about 5ft 8in 215lbs, so I'm a little on the stockier side. I love fashion, but I've always stayed away from certain styles bc I thought I was "too big". I was an avid sneaker collector so majority of my sense come from more of an urban perspective. But I hope with all of your help I can transform my wardrobe into something more stylish and fashionable. Thanks for reading and I hope to grow and contribute to this wonderful community

Trend Setter
    hi. i'm 39, and writing from the north of Portugal. Vila Nova de Gaia, near Oporto. great site and forum! so much information and wonderful advises! thank you all!!!

Trend Setter
    Hi Guys,
    I'm Andrew, I've been using the site for nearly two years I reckon - despite posting relatively rarely I log in and read threads almost every day. Home for me is central London / Bristol / Winchester.

My reason for paying more attention to fashion was becoming single a few months before my 30th birthday and realising that baggy jeans and hoodies really weren't doing me any favours. I'd describe my look as quite preppy with a mix of English influences.

Outside of FB I run my own renewable energy business, I try to travel a month or two each year and fly paragliders, scuba dive, snowboard and ride fixed gear bikes for fun.

Fashionisto
    Hi all, long time lurker here! I figured I'd join, as i'm starting work on putting together a capsule wardrobe.

Hello Fashion Beans.

My name is Ross and I live in Kent very close to London. I discovered FB about two years ago and regularly browse the site looking at photos and reading articles.

The reason for me getting into fashion and using FB was down to me hitting 30 and realising that a few pairs of jeans and some t-shirts weren't really cutting it anymore. I became I lot more conscious of how I looked and how other might view me. Not having the foggiest idea about fashion at all I started to research and found this site. Great!

The big thing for me now is trying to understand what my style is. I see so many good looks in the street style section and in many of the articles but obviously I can't just buy a new outfit each time another article or photo appears! I like to look reasonably smart most of the time and love my tan leather brogues and brogue boots. At the moment I'm just trying to build my wardrobe with lots of staple items. Looking forward to contributing more to the forum!

Ross
    Last edited by joshua; 09-12-2013 at 12:42 AM.

Hi,

I'm Will from Surrey and 24. I have recently got into fashion a lot more, and have been working on my own personal style over the last month. I am just starting to get some of the basic pieces of clothing and hoping to build good outfits from there.

I do like to make small risks and am always keen to hear any advice etc...

Where I live not many people are really into to style so sometimes what I where is not approved of, even if it is a turtle neck under a shirt!

Looking forward to reading up on all the stuff hear and getting information.

Thanks,

Will

Trend Setter
    Hey my name's Lewis, I'm 19 and an English student at Plymouth University. I figured now would be a good time to start building a capsule wardrobe that'll last. I've posted a couple of threads under my middle name Edward. I joined years ago but have only just committed to refining my wardrobe by ditching the stuff I don't wear. I'm currently trying to build a smart casual wardrobe, mainly nice jackets and OCBDs. I'm also trying to get in shape so that stuff looks its best on me and y'know general fitness reasons.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last