FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

New years eve outfit - Please help

Hi there, this is my first post but been a lurker for a while. I am a bit concerned about my outfit for this new year. The party will be around colleagues at the work place (hotel).I have a navy slim twillfrom CT, a white slim twill single cuffedand a sky slim twill shirt .I also have a purple-white gingham shirt but I think it's not suitable .I need to spend value for money here, not a lot and definitely something I will be using again (capsule ) So, these being said I would like some suggestions/advice . Navy suit, white shirt, burgundy tie and similar pocket h.
    Will have to buy new shoes, was thinking of black oxford toe cap with rubber/ (not leather) sole which I will be continuing on using at work, budget 40, also does it has to be plain oxford toe cap or can it be brogue as well
    Need to buy a new tie and pocket square going with the same principle as above, my suit is slim so ideally I would like an 8cm width which is quite rare . Should I buy a new white shirt, this time double cuffed or this is good to go I would be grateful if you could give me some links. Feel free to comment

I think this forum is just good for surfing though...Think I'll just read this and write on SF or AA, though I was quite excited, this being an UK forum.

Trend Setter
    Posts like this are almost impossible to respond to without any pictures of what you're working with or specific ideas about what you're looking for.

This article might be helpful: Men’s Party Season 2013 Trend: Velvet | FashionBeans

I tried putting links, I am not allowed, I assume everyone knows how a slim twill navy suit from Tyrwhitt looks like, and a twill semi spread single cuff shirt... I have a hard time finding the shoes, I kinda hate the almond - pointy fashion ones on the high street. If I could find something in the true style of oxford toe cap with rubber soles it would be great, mind you they will continue to be work shoes. I think I'll go for tie (burgundy or something there ) with a white pocket square cuz I'll be working until 23.00 probably. Thanks for answering.

Fashionisto
    If you're after a new tie and pocket square then tie rack have a closing fine sale on until Xmas eve. Why not try mixing it up with a bow tie maybe or a pink shirt

+ Reply to Thread