FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

First time shoes/boots with jeans :/

Hello beaners

When I was younger I had a mean 'alternative' style but accepted I couldn't dress like that forever, and now I really struggle to find my smart/casual look. I'm relatively happy with my casual and formal styles for now, but jeans, canvas vans and a casual shirt is about as 'smart' as I get; I've never worn jeans with shoes or boots before!

I do prefer dark navy jeans so I'm thinking that plus a pair of black/dark brown brogues to go with? And maybe a pair of desert boots while I'm at it. Could someone please recommend me a pair of brogues from a UK high street store (Schuh?) and a pair of Levis (cut + wash) that would go with them? It's the latter I really seem to struggle with and I'd really appreciate the help!

Trend Setter
    Alright mate. In terms of Levi's i like there 511 range, slim fitting but not too skinny. You can't really go wrong with brogues from places like next, river island, top man and asks. just make sure they are leather. other good shops for brogues although a little more expensive are dune and jones bookmaker. desert boots - look no further than clarks imo!

This was helpful - thanks

I went into town today and picked up some jeans from Topman along with a pair of their brogues. I just grabbed their indigo vintage slims to try with the brogues and liked the jeans so much I bought two pairs! I've now decided to return the Topman brogues and go for a pair of Grenson tan brogues as a long-term investment.

Now I just need to get a few more shirts and that scary (for me) blazer/sports coat choice!

Don't dismiss the classic chukka boot - tan and dark denim looks great.

Trend Setter
    Have to agree with you here that I struggle with boots. I don't currently own a pair of leathers but I'm looking for a chukka boot probably in tan and ideally a real soft leather one. I have desert boots but they're very slim and I think they look odd with my jeans, they were dirt cheap though so it's probably the quality that's the issue.

Also I tend to wear my jeans with a turn up or a roll and I am short legged so with boots sitting higher up the ankle, find that they can make my legs look even shorter. I really like this look though with the rolled jeans and leather boots (from my pinterest, feel free to follow me if anyone uses it).

Good double denim effort, nice roll on the jeans and ... | Men's Styl

Trend Setter
    These are in the style of chukka/desert

Mens Casual Boots - Safari Vibe in Brown Nubuck from Clarks shoes

they came through today and i am so pleased with them. Got them at this price + 20% off code. 35 for a new pair of clarks!

+ Reply to Thread