FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

AllSaints Jeans Sizing

Hello, I ordered some cigarette jeans last week and when I tried it on, they are very tight on my legs. I'm a very skinny guy, but I've played soccer for some years and my bottom part of the leg (below the knee, sorry I don't know the proper word) are kinda large.

So, the size I ordered was 28', and I was wondering if the size 30' will just have a wider waist or if the legs are wider aswell, so it can fit nice on the legs, and the waist might be a bit larger but I can handle it with a belt.

Sorry if I didn't explain myself properly, I'm portuguese.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by AntBar123 View Post
    Hello, I ordered some cigarette jeans last week and when I tried it on, they are very tight on my legs. I'm a very skinny guy, but I've played soccer for some years and my bottom part of the leg (below the knee, sorry I don't know the proper word) are kinda large.

So, the size I ordered was 28', and I was wondering if the size 30' will just have a wider waist or if the legs are wider aswell, so it can fit nice on the legs, and the waist might be a bit larger but I can handle it with a belt.

Sorry if I didn't explain myself properly, I'm portuguese.
    The leg will fit a bit wider and won't be as tight.

Trend Setter
    Their sizings are utterly ridiculous. I tried some on yesteday and a regular cut fit like a pair of tights. Waist sizes are on the large side too. My normal waist size has legs that fit me like slim if I wear regular cut but the waist is too big and looks stupid. Size down is so tight I can't take them off. I don't understand the point in labelling a pair of jeans "regular" if they're slim cut. I'd hate to think how small skinny would be. I doubt I could even fit my arm in them. Their target market appears to be tiny guys with no muscle mass rather than people with normal builds. Shame as I quite like their designs other than the tiny cuts.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    Their sizings are utterly ridiculous. I tried some on yesteday and a regular cut fit like a pair of tights. Waist sizes are on the large side too. My normal waist size has legs that fit me like slim if I wear regular cut but the waist is too big and looks stupid. Size down is so tight I can't take them off. I don't understand the point in labelling a pair of jeans "regular" if they're slim cut. I'd hate to think how small skinny would be. I doubt I could even fit my arm in them. Their target market appears to be tiny guys with no muscle mass rather than people with normal builds. Shame as I quite like their designs other than the tiny cuts.
    It depends on the composition. I find the only ones that work with me are the ones with a small percentage of elastane so there is a bit of stretch. To be honest the waist sizing used to be worse than it is, I think a 32 is now fairly representative of a true 32 whereas a year or two ago it was far larger. They cut the quad/thigh quite slim on all their trousers.

Since there has been a change in management I have found a lot of their clothing has changed in terms of sizing, especially t shirts. They have become shorter and the shoulders are narrower. Medium which always fit fine is now too tight across my shoulders. Then again if you look at all the staff they are rake thin with no shoulders.

Trend Setter
    This is exactly my findings too.

I own one pair of All Saints Iggy selvedge jeans. Iggy is meant to be "slim fitting" but the jeans are definitely skinny fitting. The waist is also very large and I only went with this because I know Selvedge shrinks so I decided I would simply belt them in before they were washed and then hope the waist size shrinks post-wash.

The waist size issue has been confirmed to me by at least 3 different All Saints sales assistants who all said that AS waist sizes are big and will generally feel like a size up.

In the summer I tried some skinny fitting chino’s on that were like leggings on my legs yet huge on my waist. I found a good option was to size down on the waist (in my case to a 30” – I’m normally a 32”) but go up in the fit (to a regular). Sizing down meant the waist fitted correctly and the “Regular” fit in a size down actually felt like slim to skinny.

People joke about Topman’s jeans being only fit for anorexic teenagers but, in my opinion, All Saints are even worse.

Thanks for all your replies, I think I will give size 30' a try.

Trend Setter
    I had a pair of All Saints jeans a while back, think mine may have been the 'iggy' fit. Really nice jeans I thought personally, waist sizing is bigger than average as already said. I was a 34" when I bought them and wore a 32" from All Saints, ended up selling them as I lost weight and they were really baggy but I thought the quality of jean was pretty good personally. They fitted well around my backside which I find with a lot of jeans I end up with that horrible sag.

Des

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by AntBar123 View Post
    Thanks for all your replies, I think I will give size 30' a try.
    If the waist is correct then you may be better off with a different style. Whatever attracted you to the style in the first place will be lost if they're ill-fitting up top. Going up one size is unlikely to differ the hem until you get to w34 and above, and might just make your thighs look bigger.

I think they're finding it difficult to find that balance of being available to the masses without losing that edge. If you accomodate the regular too much then its easier for the muscle men to wade in and make your styles look horrible. I'm thinking Mark Wright and Katie Price's fella. They're a walking advert that the brand does not want.

+ Reply to Thread