FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Trend Setter
    Wait 'til after Christmas then you'll be able to pick up some quality jeans half price. They're one of those items where it's really worth spending the extra few due to longevity and quality of material. See them as an investment. Imagine you can pick up some really nice ones for 50-60.

Des

Trend Setter
    Jeans. Slim/straight indigo selvedge is definitely an investment and will work with your current footwear. they won't stand out too much but the ones that do usually go on sale a week later. At minimum they'll be a little over your 100 but you would be wearing them all the time and will be the foundation of anything you wear up top.

Trend Setter
    OP, if you live in Derby why not jump on a train or bus to Nottingham or Birmingham? You have some great cities near by. I live in Nottingham and we have plenty of shops, you've just got to be prepared to make a bit of an effort when you shop and keep open minded. I have to admit to being someone who doesn't like to spend loads on jeans but have to admit I have yet to find a quality pair for cheap. I bought some Topman skinny jeans a couple of weeks ago and they're now baggy and look rubbish and also fit badly around my bum. Have you looked into GAP or Banana Republic? I bought some chinos from them this weekend and they fit amazing and didn't cost too much either, around 50. Zara may be a good shout for jeans too, I'm not sure though.

Hey naboo not sure if it's just me not knowing the shops in Nottingham but last time I went nothing there really caught my interest at all, however I've just got took everyone's advice and splashed out 80 on some Edwin slim selvedge jeans too and I was assured they were really good quality by the shop owner as I couldn't buy apcs. It's a designer shop so I asked him where I could buy some good quality plain tees and he said gap and uniqlo can anyone vouch for them? And finally they had sunspel tees in the shop but they were so much it's unreal nearly 50 for a plain tee with no branding!

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by drizzyxs View Post
    Hey naboo not sure if it's just me not knowing the shops in Nottingham but last time I went nothing there really caught my interest at all, however I've just got took everyone's advice and splashed out 80 on some Edwin slim selvedge jeans too and I was assured they were really good quality by the shop owner as I couldn't buy apcs. It's a designer shop so I asked him where I could buy some good quality plain tees and he said gap and uniqlo can anyone vouch for them? And finally they had sunspel tees in the shop but they were so much it's unreal nearly 50 for a plain tee with no branding!
    Having no branding is one of the keys of a plain t-shirt

Sure the Edwins will wear welll for you. Not owned any myself but know lots of people who swear by them. Will take some wearing in though if they're selvedge. Should last you years.

+ Reply to Thread