FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

AllSaints Leather Biker Jackets vs other brands?

How good are these compared to other brands? See the All Saints sale has just gone live and the leathers are 100 ish off too. My big question is how they compare to slightly more expensive brands. I have my eye on an Edwin jacket priced at 540 that I imagine soon will be on sale on Mr Porter. Here: Edwin - Further Leather Biker Jacket*|*MR PORTER How do the two compare? I see the 350 ish All Saints ones are down to the 250 range. I imagine the Edwin one should come down to at least 350 ish given the Mr Porter typical %s. Do I spent the extra or buy one now?

If I were to buy an All Saints one how are they cut? The model on there has an absolutely ridiculous build being 6"3 with a 36 inch chest and apparently wears a M. I'm a similar height but have more like a 42 inch chest. No way would I be 3 sizes up (XXL) surely when I usually wear a L???
    Last edited by Gibbe84; 18-12-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Trend Setter
    I've always liked the All Saints bikers, haven't owned one but they've looked nice when I've been in store.

Their models freak me out too, always so tall and skinny and wear sizes above me despite me having almost 8 inches extra over my chest.

Trend Setter
    Ever seen an Edwin one? Must admit I've never seen either in person so am like a blind man here.

Can't comment on the quality, but I don't like the look of that edwin

With decent leather you are always getting quality tbh, but I wouldn't invest in a biker style now. I think they are on the way out.

Trend Setter
    Thanks for the feedback ICA. I trust your knowledge of trends so would be very interested in hearing what style you'd recommend? I really want an investment piece I can use for years rather than something that could be a fad.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Can't comment on the quality, but I don't like the look of that edwin

With decent leather you are always getting quality tbh, but I wouldn't invest in a biker style now. I think they are on the way out.
    Dammit, I just got my first leather biker jacket and I love it Seriously tho, do you really think so? The site has been saying that biker jackets are supposed to be a major trend this year. Not that I care that much for trends, but I think that such a jacket should be found in every man's wardrobe.

Style Icon
    I don't think the Biker will go out of style. It's always orbited the fashion world, and once in a while dips in to create a big sensation, and then goes back out to operate a more stable, less obvious position.

The trick is to invest in a piece that is timeless; an Oxblood coloured jacket will probably have a shelf life, and so could a biker with additional details like tassels or ridiculous buckles. The thing is leather is always in fashion, but at the moment it is exceptionally popular.

Yeah leather is definitely having a heyday atm... Nothing wrong with a biker jacket really but I think as leather is having a trend wave it's worth getting onto the latest thing; so bombers, stuff with leather sleeves, and Rick Owens type jackets are where I would be aiming atm. Or something in shearling. Anything in shearling.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Yeah leather is definitely having a heyday atm... Nothing wrong with a biker jacket really but I think as leather is having a trend wave it's worth getting onto the latest thing; so bombers, stuff with leather sleeves, and Rick Owens type jackets are where I would be aiming atm. Or something in shearling. Anything in shearling.
    Since you mentioned Rick Owens, ZOOfashions - DRKSHDW by Rick Owens Black Leather Sleeve Jacket
    I absolutely adore this but could never justify the price tag... I'd rather put those pennies straight into my sons piggy bank!!

That's really nice. Rick ain't really my thing but I would wear that. Prices are just silly though tbh and I don't think they are generally that special. Probably a bit subtle for me lol and they just remind me of douchebag jackets from the 2000s. Wear "in the club" with spiked hair and wraparound shades for full effect.

People really seem to love them right now though.

I might just stop wasting time on things like "house" and "car" and cop this

Last edited by Ivan Condor Aasllani; 19-12-2013 at 09:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread