FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Belted trench

Hi guys.

As the weather has been particularly mild, I'm wanting to get a belted trench coat. The only one I've seen is this one

STONE FULL LENGTH TRENCH COAT - Men's Coats & Jackets - Clothing - TOPMAN

Has anyone seen anything else in this price range which is lightweight.

Thanks

Trend Setter
    How long is that coat? It says that it's full-length so I'm assuming down to your knees? I probably wouldn't get one that far below the waist. I think shorter trench coats are more in vogue at the moment, something that hits mid thigh would probably be best.

Banana Republic had a great one but it appears they're out of stock at the moment. Here's a different one, just to show you the length I mean:

home | Banana Republic

And here's FB's fantastic article (used it to great effect tailoring my own trench coat): The Ultimate Trench Coat Guide | FashionBeans

Fashionisto
    I didn't really notice the length on the topman one. BR have the below on their uk site. Might see if it comes down in the sales

http://m.bananarepublic.gap.co.uk/pr...=1&pdn=bc14845

Trend Setter
    Wow, that's exactly the trench I was talking about! Good thing they still have it available for you all in the UK.

Trend Setter
    I have been after a nice Trench Coat for ages.

Burberry has always been the ambition but I donít think their ďBritĒ line is worth the money and their London line Trenchís are often around a grand.
    I definitely prefer the colour of the first Banana Republic trench (the one pictured above rather than the one linked) because I think the sand/caramel colour is much akin to the original Burberry trench than say the stone colour shown in the second Banana Republic one.
    I tried this on in a Jaeger outlet store and it was lovely (quality was superb) and not badly priced at £189 (outlet price). Even though I was originally looking for a sand coloured trench (and double breasted), it was lovely and Iím tempted to go back for it. Itís also longer too but looked great on.

Fashionisto
    The first BR one has now appeared on the uk site at£175 but is only XL. Might have to try the topman one on for the length seeing as I can get discount through the sister in law. If not then the hunt continues!

Fashionisto
    I think this might be in the running for the price and a different take. Not what I originally wanted but looks really nice.

Farrell Camel Cropped Dispatch Coat

You use trenchcoats instead of umbrella? Are they practical when its raining pretty hard. Have you noticed, we don't cover our legs but they still dont get too wet.

+ Reply to Thread