FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Establish your own personal rules and use other rules as guidelines, or things to pay extra attention to.

E.g. 'Don't wear suits with trainers.'

I totally get why people say this, but I've seen it and it does work, in certain cases. Now this < bit is the key bit. Rules are rules for a reason, but certain rules can be broken. As in don't wear a suit with green Nike Air Max 95's, but do wear a suit with white Common Projects Achilles.

One of my general rules is don't wear anything with a big/loud logo or too much branding, subtly does a long way.

Des

Style Icon
    Fully suited as in shirt, tie, no belt, "the one crease at the hem"... No. I still struggle to find a real life situation where it would work if not a celebrity.

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcLager View Post
    True. Sadly, I feel TSB has gone down that route a bit too much in the last year. I used to be very inspired by the way Dan dress, mixing casual and smart in a very subtle and everyday way. Most of the stuff they do and show now is non-applicable in my work and private life.

Perhaps it's the shift from style to fashion oriented blog that has left me a tad alienated.
    I don't disagree Marc. I find Dan a bit try-hard at times. But then, by pushing boundaries, he may inspire some. Happy for him to make the mistakes (as I see them), then I can take any bits I like. Plus the rest of the team are still doing more conservative stuff, esp in the WIWT piece.

Fashionisto
    The most important thing to get right is the fit, get it right and you will look and feel good but get it wrong, you'll look like a right nobhead.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Des View Post
    Fully suited as in shirt, tie, no belt, "the one crease at the hem"... No. I still struggle to find a real life situation where it would work if not a celebrity.
    Really?? Many people wear a suit every day!

Trend Setter
    I'm slightly envious for people who wear suits everyday it's just a lot easier to look good in a suit I think. Immediately you're socially interpreted as having made an effort and judged better because of it. Don't get me wrong some people still manage to find themselves looking hideous in a suit but in general y'know...
    The suit with trainers thing is something I don't get to be honest although I don't even use trainers for casual outfits. I use my tan brogues or black leather monkstraps anything more casual is taken care of by the desertboot usually.

+ Reply to Thread