FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Opinions on this outfit?

Hi,

Not an outfit I am wearing today but have been playing with 'smartening' up my camo chinos as I am going out for drinks Monday evening with my SO and a few of her friends.

White Oxford shirt by Topman
    Camo Chinos (Pin Rolled) by Banana Republic
    Brown Desert Boots from Primark

Currently going sockless but may wear socks not sure what would be best if I do, was thinking beige boot sock/navy blue plain socks?

Like it

Go sockless imo

It needs a dark cardi / jacket to finish it off + shirt ironed

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Like it

Go sockless imo

It needs a dark cardi / jacket to finish it off + shirt ironed
    Shirt will definitely be ironed. Thinking a rinse wash denim jacket for on top.

Style Icon
    I like it too! I've said it before, that I'm no fan of camo, but those trousers paired with those desert boots are killer!

I agree with Ivan. I'd try a dark/black worker jacket, something like this (but darker):

Or maybe a slim black blazer.

A smart denim jacket might work, but I'd try to keep it dark.

Trend Setter
    Thanks Marc, an unstructured blazer is new for me though something I should look into as I see people talking about them all the time. I have a chunky knit cardigan that also works well I think with the outfit. Thanks for feedback, the desert boots like cack with jeans as they're quite pointy but with these trousers and the pin roll they just worked.

Style Icon
    In the "introduce yourself here thread", I listed three things that I don't own & would never own, them being chinos, desert boots and oxford shirts - the reason for this is that when I think of that combination, it conjures up images of a really boring look... sandy coloured boots, beige chinos and a pale blue shirt. The kind of thing bankers would wear on a day off.

Have to say though, that this outfit looks really cool and has changed my opinion entirely on what can be done with a chinos-desert-oxford combo. Nice look Naboo.

Trend Setter
    Love the look. Like others have said, you can maybe add a navy cardigan or even a grey jumper to finish it off nicely.

Des

Style Icon
    I think the sleeves on the oxford are a little short and some looser bottoms would've been better to offset them. The boots look an ideal form though and can't see how they'd look bad with jeans.

Probably just me but I don't think anything as rugged as camo should be pinrolled to show off a pair a of pointy suede boots

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    In the "introduce yourself here thread", I listed three things that I don't own & would never own, them being chinos, desert boots and oxford shirts
    Three absolutely essential items for a grown-up wardrobe bud. Doesn't mean you have to wear them all together. But even if you did, it's the fit and styling that will make it look good.

+ Reply to Thread