FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Jacket for going out?

Any suggestions on jackets I could buy for wearing on a night out? It would be a studenty thing so nothing too fancy and under 130.

Do you guys like any of these?

houseoffraser.co.uk/G-Star+Hooded+jacket/182817971,default,pd.html

riverisland.com/men/coats...-jacket-270483

topman.com/en/tmuk/produc...?bi=201&ps=200

Not really feeling those mate (couldn't see G-Star one as link is broken tbh)

I'm just not sure about hoods on going out jackets; you want something you could reasonably keep on inside really.

I'd opt for a classic denim jacket or a bomber

This one is looking like a bargain for 68 tbh

Mens Kumo Denim Jacket (Indigo) | ALLSAINTS.com

Fashionisto
    ^
    That's the exact jacket I thought of as I was reading the first post, insane bargain imo.

Nat

Style Icon
    Depends on your look. denim is a good shout. What about a harrington. Light enough to keep on indoors a lot of the time.

Fashionisto
    Agreed on the Kumo Denim Jacket, thought about going it myself before going for the "Rinse". (Typically that also went down in the sale!)

Not a fan of either of the jackets you posted (Stay away from faux leather!)

Asos have some Leather Bomber jackets in the sale, may be worth a look?
    ASOS | ASOS Leather Bomber Jacket at ASOS

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    Not really feeling those mate (couldn't see G-Star one as link is broken tbh)

I'm just not sure about hoods on going out jackets; you want something you could reasonably keep on inside really.

I'd opt for a classic denim jacket or a bomber

This one is looking like a bargain for 68 tbh

Mens Kumo Denim Jacket (Indigo) | ALLSAINTS.com
    I did think something was wrong as I've never seen anyone wearing hoods while going out. I forgot to say I'll be using the cloakrooms, so it wouldnt necessarily have to be lightweight. I'll be wearing a grey t shirt, red and blue checks shirt and blue/grey jeans. I do like this one although it will have to wait, I need something I can buy quickly off the high street for now.

Quote Originally Posted by JackRhysSmith View Post
    Agreed on the Kumo Denim Jacket, thought about going it myself before going for the "Rinse". (Typically that also went down in the sale!)

Not a fan of either of the jackets you posted (Stay away from faux leather!)

Asos have some Leather Bomber jackets in the sale, may be worth a look?
    ASOS | ASOS Leather Bomber Jacket at ASOS
    Those do look pretty decent and I see what you mean about faux leather...doesnt look great compared to that one!

I need one for tomorrow though - is there anything I could buy from the high street ? (something that isnt a panic Marouane Fellaini type purchase)

Nat

Style Icon
    If you're going to be checking it, then buy a peacoat. Most versatile probs.

Quote Originally Posted by spurs13 View Post
    I did think something was wrong as I've never seen anyone wearing hoods while going out. I forgot to say I'll be using the cloakrooms, so it wouldnt necessarily have to be lightweight. I'll be wearing a grey t shirt, red and blue checks shirt and blue/grey jeans. I do like this one although it will have to wait, I need something I can buy quickly off the high street for now.
    You will be able to get a denim jacket on the high street bro

Depending on the shops I guess but Topman / River Island etc should have something

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    You will be able to get a denim jacket on the high street bro

Depending on the shops I guess but Topman / River Island etc should have something
    I meant I would need something else for now, as I'll be wearing a shirt and blue jeans and I'm not yet confident enough about pairing them properly with a denim jacket :/ I'll be having a look at Topman, River Island, Next and House of Fraiser.

+ Reply to Thread