FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by merc05 View Post
    I'm just going for a meal and a couple of drinks this NYE so nothing too crazy, but I'm making a big effort because there is a girl going that I really fancy lol. I'll be wearing something like this:

I've got the above blazer and I'll probably go for a very similar look, think it looks smart without being too try-hard.
    Slightly off-topic but I’m seriously considering ordering that blazer from the Mango sale. A couple of questions: 1) How does it fit? (I’m a 38” chest and wasn’t sure whether to order a Small or a Medium) and 2) Is it lined?

Trend Setter
    No pics but my outfit tonight was:

Navy Blazer – Without Prejudice

Burgundy Pocket Square – Reiss
    Charcoal Merino Roll Neck – John Smedley
    Navy Cords – Reiss
    Tan Belt – Meermin
    Burgundy Polka Dot Socks – Paul Smith
    Tan Monks - Meermin

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Textbook View Post
    Slightly off-topic but I’m seriously considering ordering that blazer from the Mango sale. A couple of questions: 1) How does it fit? (I’m a 38” chest and wasn’t sure whether to order a Small or a Medium) and 2) Is it lined?
    I haven't measured my chest for a while but I think I'm currently about a 37" chest so I went for the small. It seems to fit me really well, but my brother tried it on (he's a 38" chest and has slightly broader shoulders than me) and he found that it's a bit tight. My only complaint about HE Mango would be that their sizing guides are utterly useless, so I just had to guess at the size with the possibility that I'd have to send it back if it was wrong.

It's not lined and doesn't have any sort of shoulder padding or anything like that. It's certainly not as structured as most suit blazers but that's not really a problem for me.

Trend Setter
    i went the slightly less casual way in the end, with the navy cords. One of my friends was in a navy double breasted blazer, white shirt/burgundy tie, grey trousers and monk straps. The other was in a velvet blazer and bow tie! I caved and chose to match a little...

Friend just posted this to Facebook and I thought it was a cool photo. Me with an Old Fashioned

Ted Baker Blazer
    Reiss shirt
    Next tie
    asos double sided pocket square
    Ted Baker cords
    Ted Baker brogues

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by merc05 View Post
    I haven't measured my chest for a while but I think I'm currently about a 37" chest so I went for the small. It seems to fit me really well, but my brother tried it on (he's a 38" chest and has slightly broader shoulders than me) and he found that it's a bit tight. My only complaint about HE Mango would be that their sizing guides are utterly useless, so I just had to guess at the size with the possibility that I'd have to send it back if it was wrong.

It's not lined and doesn't have any sort of shoulder padding or anything like that. It's certainly not as structured as most suit blazers but that's not really a problem for me.
    Cheers - I wanted something structured so you've saved me ordering it and then sending it back.

+ Reply to Thread