FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

New Year's Eve Outfits

I loved seeing what you all were wearing for the Christmas Parties, so I figured I'd make a new thread for NYE. I know there was a recent FB article that really pushed velvet for NYE, is anyone going that route?

So far, this is my starting point:

Just off the top of my head, maybe light grey trousers, black shoes, and a purple shirt. I haven't thought about the rest too much yet... what about the rest of you?

^ Sounds like a good look for a proper party. I'm gonna be in a cornish pub so I'm thinking along the lines of

Trend Setter
    Solid as always, Ivan. Those shoes look very interesting!

Fashionisto

This is what I'm thinking. Let me know what you think.

Jack Wills
    ASOS
    Selected
    H&M

Trend Setter
    I'm just going for a meal and a couple of drinks this NYE so nothing too crazy, but I'm making a big effort because there is a girl going that I really fancy lol. I'll be wearing something like this:

I've got the above blazer and I'll probably go for a very similar look, think it looks smart without being too try-hard.

Trend Setter
    Whelp, that blazer I posted came in the mail and it's too small. I should have known to size up for Topman! I guess I'll be coming up with something else semi-last minute... I do really like what Merc posted though, I think that's the direction I'll be going in.

Trend Setter
    FB bro's, I need some guidance.

I'm pretty much set with the top half of my NYE outfit, but I'm struggling with the bottom half.

I've just flung these two looks together - I'll be adding a pocket square and smartening myself up, but I'm stuck on the pants.

Here's some slim pink chinos, and the same look with some navy cords - both Ted Baker. If I go with the pink chinos, I'll be wearing dark brown loafers or camo brogues. Tan brogues with the navy cords. Thoughts?

I also have some dark grey 508's (possibly too casual), the same chinos in a turquoise. I have some bright blue chinos from reiss but they need taking up - the turn up is huge, but they'd have been perfect

It's NYE so I'd throw caution to the wind and go with the pink chinos. Navy cords look a little conservative for this evening imo.

I agree, jeans would be too casual to fit with the rest of the outfit though.

I'm house party'ing it up tonight, so it'll be very much the polar opposite of what you posted :P

(also need some advice in the "What should I wear with this thread" if anyone is game to give me a hand with mine!)

Nat

Style Icon
    @Brown - yeah fuck it - go with the pink. The bright blue would've been good mind.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    The bright blue would've been good mind.
    dammit, I know. They're just too long and the turn up is huge.

Ok, I'll rock the pink and post the look with an edit later. Thanks boys

Alex, I responded - should have also said, winter house parties (in my experience) get far too hot. Avoid knitwear lol

+ Reply to Thread