FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

The New Waistcoat

All - Iím off to a dinner/gala event for New Yearís Eve and initially had the below lined up. After seeing that most people will be wearing a suit, I decided to be slightly different and dress up my combo with the waistcoat which should arrive on New Yearís Eve.

However without actually putting all of the pieces together Iím unsure if the blue shirt/spotty tie will go with the new waistcoat and if I wait until New Yearís Eve then I will have left it too late to buy an alternative shirt/tie combo. Any advice on firstly if they will work together and if not what colour/style alternatives do you think would go with the waistcoat?

Shoes - Ted Baker Nenoi
    Shirt ĖFully Fitted Blue Poplin Button Cuff Shirt
    Tie - Reiss Dino Navy
    Trousers - Gant Prep Chino (Brown/Cream)
    Belt - Ralph Lauren Saddle Brown Leather Belt

(Sorry I tried to put images/links in for all of them but as a new member I was restricted on the number of URLs I could add in a single post)

NEW WAISTCOAT - TANTWAI - Wool waistcoat - Navy | Men's | Ted Baker UK

Thanks all
    Tony

Nat

Style Icon
    Sounds good to me. No jacket though?

Thanks for you quick reply, I wasn't planning on wearing a jacket so that the waist coat is the centre piece and keeps the look a little bit casual.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Sounds good to me. No jacket though?
    We always disagree about Waistcoats Nat! I know you prefer layering whilst I like a waistcoat to be the central piece. So I would be happy to go without the jacket but I know you disagree.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow1977 View Post
    All - I’m off to a dinner/gala event for New Year’s Eve and initially had the below lined up. After seeing that most people will be wearing a suit, I decided to be slightly different and dress up my combo with the waistcoat which should arrive on New Year’s Eve.

However without actually putting all of the pieces together I’m unsure if the blue shirt/spotty tie will go with the new waistcoat and if I wait until New Year’s Eve then I will have left it too late to buy an alternative shirt/tie combo. Any advice on firstly if they will work together and if not what colour/style alternatives do you think would go with the waistcoat?

Shoes - Ted Baker Nenoi
    Shirt –Fully Fitted Blue Poplin Button Cuff Shirt
    Tie - Reiss Dino Navy
    Trousers - Gant Prep Chino (Brown/Cream)
    Belt - Ralph Lauren Saddle Brown Leather Belt

(Sorry I tried to put images/links in for all of them but as a new member I was restricted on the number of URLs I could add in a single post)

NEW WAISTCOAT - TANTWAI - Wool waistcoat - Navy | Men's | Ted Baker UK

Thanks all
    Tony
    Looking at the waistcoat I can't see any problems. I think it will work perfectly well.

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjie Baldini View Post
    We always disagree about Waistcoats Nat! I know you prefer layering whilst I like a waistcoat to be the central piece. So I would be happy to go without the jacket but I know you disagree.
    Haha no I do like waistcoats, and the one Snow posted is very nice. I think it will work. It's just important to avoid looking like you've left your suit jacket at home. Also, being a gala dinner, I thought Snow might be going more formal.

Fashionisto
    Z4ppHL+2R7PfOrKWEWYRMPEc1sq2NdEYV2efm5DlqLdCXH4pYx +TMPDJNeNp+Uts6OVyo5EseJVBfv7s//Z
    Last edited by Benjie Baldini; 06-01-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Fashionisto

+ Reply to Thread