FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Jacket essentials

Hi Guys,

Wondering what your opinions are on the essential jackets that should make up a wardrobe.
    I currently have

navy parka from Abercrombie
    beige mac from zara
    black pea coat from all saints.

What do you guys consider the essentials for you own personal wardrobes? I sometimes feel I'm over reliant on the parka because of its functionality

Trend Setter
    A leather jacket of some kind definitely, and maybe a denim jacket to cover the casual side of things

Those are all coats tbh

Something like a leather bomber, biker or denim jacket is definitely needed in your collection

Fashionisto
    Invest in a leather and denim jacket like Lewis said.

Then maybe pick up a Harrington, ridiculously versatile.

Trend Setter
    i only have a pea coat - I have no real need for any other "big" coats, like parka's or macs.

I bought a denim jacket, leather biker, and a bomber jacket last spring/summer. I get more use out of these

Trend Setter
    All good points.. TBH they probably are all coats yea. Denim jacket is a very good shout, I like the combinations of knits and chinos with them at the moment. I had an allsaints habenero leather jacket but got fed up when every second person I seen on a night out had one with a tonic scoop and they boyband look so I sold it last year. What do you guys think look good in terms of functional coats/jackets? I always seem to get caught out in the rain and cold, so hard to find something that keeps you dry and warm whilst still looking fashionable

Trend Setter
    If it's rain and wind you're up against, denim won't help. I'd opt for a leather or waxed jacket. They should keep the wind and rain out, and depending on the lining/insulation keep you warm as well. If the jacket only has thin lining, you can pair it with a 100% thick wool jumper/cardigan and you'll be able to face any weather.

+ Reply to Thread