FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Tie bars / Tie clips

Ive noticed the "short" tie bars on a lot of GQ photoshoots, and I get the impression these are (weirdly) more of a US thing.

I can't find any decent collections in the usual UK places, just one offs on random websites.

This is a US site, which has a huge range (ignore the first few abominations): Tie Bars - Silk Necktie Tie Bar

Anyone know of any good/similar sites for the UK?

Style Icon
    Hi Brown, yes I agree it seems more of a regular occurrence in USA smart wear. I haven't stumbled across any dedicated sites, but sites that I have seen them on are ASOS, Mr Porter (albeit very pricey) and Topman / river island always carry a few.

However, the top place for both originality and price are the vintage ones on eBay. Type vintage tie bar / tie clip in and the door is suddenly flung wide open. I saw some incredible ones on there for less than a tenner that you will never see anywhere else.

Sadly some of the more regular run of the mill ones look like the sort of thing seen on a debanhams wedding section counter 10 years ago - I.e a bit naff looking.

Trend Setter
    I have both a gold and silver one from ASOS and they're very short in length. Great items.
    This is the gold one.

ASOS | ASOS Tie Bar at ASOS

I'm almost put off wearing them for work though as at the minute, my office seems to be crawling with lads wearing them. A certain group in particular have got it in their head it's the new thing and are wearing them every day.
    It's like the tie bar club or something!

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    HType vintage tie bar / tie clip in and the door is suddenly flung wide open. I saw some incredible ones on there for less than a tenner that you will never see anywhere else.
    awesome, thanks - I'll check them out
    Quote Originally Posted by Aneres11 View Post
    I'm almost put off wearing them for work though as at the minute, my office seems to be crawling with lads wearing them. A certain group in particular have got it in their head it's the new thing and are wearing them every day.
    say it isn't so! ..and thanks for the asos link

Trend Setter
    I work at J Crew and we currently have a couple. 65 pound a pop though so you're probably better off ordering from the tie bar.

+ Reply to Thread