FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

How to wear black jacket / trousers

I recently bought a black varsity jacket (= wool bomber with leather sleeves and poppers) and black slim moleskin chinos.
    I love the items, but have a little trouble incorporating them into my wardrobe. They look fine together of course, but does anyone have some advice how to pair them with other items?

Cheers
    Last edited by sam1234; 05-01-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Trend Setter
    No advice on how to wear black?

Trend Setter
    I'd personally just rock the monochrome. Keep it simple with the trousers; a denim jacket and a light tee perhaps. Then for the jacket i'd basically just use it as a top layer for pretty much everything.

Trend Setter
    Black is always going to provide a strong contrast with other colours. It therefore works better with other strong colours - dark blues, deep reds and plain whites. Rustic browns and neutrals are harder to pair with them.

Black always looks best in the evening. Try the trousers for an evening out or a meal. A plain white shirt and informal blazer/jacket or a red patterned shirt by itself could work.

The jacket you can wear surely in the same way that you might wear any black jacket? How about dark jeans, a white t-shirt and grey v-neck sweater?

Trend Setter
    thanks guys! I'm taking a liking to black.

+ Reply to Thread