FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Jeans with tucked-in shirt

I think I've become too accustomed to slim jeans, but the problem is most have a low-rise waist and look odd with a tucked-in shirt.

What's the solution? Do I just need to grin and bear it and get some regular straight jeans or are their slim jeans out there with a higher rise? Or am I looking for straight jeans with a tapered leg?

I'm 6' and pretty thin.

Fashionisto
    For me it's either smart trousers with tucked in shirt or jeans and untucked.

Style Icon
    The half-tuck also works well sometimes. Full tucks are a bit too Simon Cowell / Brokeback Mountain-ish.

Des

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Ledard View Post
    I think I've become too accustomed to slim jeans, but the problem is most have a low-rise waist and look odd with a tucked-in shirt.

What's the solution? Do I just need to grin and bear it and get some regular straight jeans or are their slim jeans out there with a higher rise? Or am I looking for straight jeans with a tapered leg?

I'm 6' and pretty thin.
    Would have thought its the other way round. A high rise is a bit too Country & Western or Jeremy Clarkson or the old boy who mows your neighbour's lawn. I'm sure I saw a dude absolutely killing it with a flannel shirt on the wayw thread recently.

Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    The half-tuck also works well sometimes. Full tucks are a bit too Simon Cowell / Brokeback Mountain-ish.
    Nah. Becks has pretty much trademarked that look. Anyone else just looks sloppy.

I should have added it's mainly for wearing with a blazer so the shirt doesn't stick out the bottom! But I'm sure I'd want to take off/un-button the blazer occasionally. A tucked in shirt + belt + un-buttoned blazer always looked good to me!

Or is an un-tucked look OK with a never-buttoned blazer?
    Last edited by Ledard; 07-01-2014 at 12:26 AM.

Style Icon
    A tucked and belted shirt can look good with jeans with a waistcoat (and optional blazer) but an untucked with a blazer looks fine. If you don't like it hanging out below the blazer, you can opt for a shorter length shirt... a lot of casual shirts are quite short these days - probably as they're rarely tucked in.

Style Icon
    I always tuck my shirt, jeans or otherwise. The only time I don't is when I wear a short-sleeve shirt.

+ Reply to Thread