FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

WTB: Varsity Jacket

Can anyone recommend a black varsity jacket (ideally with leather sleeves and cheaper) similar to these ones?

ToJ

APC

Also, are varsity jackets even worth it? (Are they just a passing trend or are they indeed a classic piece of menswear?) I already have a leather biker, denim, and a harrington so I thought that a bomber-esque jacket could finish off my collection quite nicely. Thoughts?

Nice, but def a passing trend imo

fly

Varsity jackets will always have their place in less formal street style, however I wouldn't expect to see too many varsity jackets from menswear designers two years from now. It's not worth investing that much into something like a ToJ or APC varsity jacket in my opinion, however it depends on how you view your personal style to determine whether the jacket will still have a place in your wardrobe in a few years.

Trend Setter
    I bought this varsity jacket at Gap in the sales. Super pleased. (they sold out though). It cost me about 130 pounds. The quality is good!
    If you get a black one at a reasonable price I'm pretty sure you'll be pleased, even if the trend wanes. Actually I' be happy for the trend to blow over

Trend Setter
    I personally wouldn't care that much about trends. If you like the style and love one of the above, just get one! Even if it might get "out of trend", it is a nice jacket.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Anagni View Post
    I personally wouldn't care that much about trends. If you like the style and love one of the above, just get one! Even if it might get "out of trend", it is a nice jacket.
    Dito. It's a classic jacket style, just not one that gets praised as a "timeless piece" time and again. Strangely since, at least in my opinion, they are timeless. I had one about 20 years ago, which might actually be the last time it was a bit on trend.

+ Reply to Thread