FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Need help to find a jumper

Hi Guys,

Need to find a smart jumper like this one on Daniel Craig in Skyfall. I have looked at the older Allsaints Merino jumpers but they are more of a V-Neck deep. I know the jumper picture is from John Smedly but its a bit pricey.

Can anyone recommend a good Black jumper like these which is fine material. I tried ASOS but all out of stock.

Thanks [see picture below]

Style Icon
    Hi Olly, I can't see from that picture if it's a crew neck (round) or v neck, but for sheer value I will always advocate uniqlo, where pretty much all of my basic knitwear comes from. They also do cashmere if you want a luxury jumper

Men's Knitwear | Sweaters, Cashmere, Crew Necks*-*UNIQLO*UK*Online*fashion*store

Trend Setter
    Smedley currently have loads of stock half price on their site if you can stretch to the 50-60 range.

Fashionisto
    Uniqlo probably is a good move... Mango do some very underrated menswear at decent prices too. They might have what you're looking for, although I think most of their range has a more colourful, denim vibe.

Des

Trend Setter
    Give the Autograph ones from M&S a go. Out of all the merino I've had they've suffered the least (inevitable) shrinkage and piling.

Thanks guys. Couldn't find a nice one in m&s will try some other stores.

Need it to be fine knit

Fashionisto
    I recently visited the Smedley Mill shop and discovered that they have a very wide range at about a third of list prices. I bought a jumper costing 120 in the shops for 45.
    If you are in the area or can justify a day out in Derbyshire, it's worth a visit.

They are currently giving extra discounts for a limited period.
    I don't know what the limited period is but a friend who is going tomorrow is finding out.
    I'll post an update.

Update: 2 weeks starting Mon 13th
    Last edited by AndyWatson; 16-01-2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Update with more info

+ Reply to Thread