FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Ah you're a good man! Will order a burgundy one later. Not seeing camel though. Anyone else got any suggestions?

Creed (or anyone else), do you know how Benetton stuff fits? Judging by their size guide, it's going to come up small (large=39in). Can you confirm?
    Asos have a long sleeve t shirt version in camel-ish, all my roll necks are long sleeve ts as opposed to wool, so they are decent under a cardigan etc (sometimes I have a tshirt under the roll neck too) :

ASOS | ASOS Long Sleeve T-Shirt With Roll Neck at ASOS

As for the Benetton fit, yes they come up a bit smaller.

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Asos have a long sleeve t shirt version in camel-ish, all my roll necks are long sleeve ts as opposed to wool, so they are decent under a cardigan etc (sometimes I have a tshirt under the roll neck too) :

ASOS | ASOS Long Sleeve T-Shirt With Roll Neck at ASOS

As for the Benetton fit, yes they come up a bit smaller.
    Cheers. I have copped a couple of the Asos ones (due to free delivery and returns), so will let you know.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Ah you're a good man! Will order a burgundy one later. Not seeing camel though. Anyone else got any suggestions?

Creed (or anyone else), do you know how Benetton stuff fits? Judging by their size guide, it's going to come up small (large=39in). Can you confirm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    There's something just not right about the Uniqlo one. I think it's the texture.

Any other options would be appreciated.
    I have two roll necks. One is a John Smedley Belvoir in Charcoal:

The quality is absolutely outstanding and the fit is superb (its fully fashioned). Itís probably the best roll neck you can buy in my opinion. However, itís also £130 so not for everyoneís budget but Iíll get years out of it and itís a classic/staple item.
    I also have a burgundy roll neck from Uniqlo:

Both are 100% Merino wool but the Uniqlo one doesnít quite match the Smedley one in fit or refinement (for obvious reasons Ė its only £30).
    The neck on the Uniqlo one is a little higher than the Smedley one but not overly so and I just roll mine so its sits in the same place just beneath my chin.
    The Uniqlo one is exceptional value for money but Iíd advise sizing down. They are big fitting and Iím normally a Medium so went for a small here.

HIT

If your looking for 100% wool, try john lewis, £45. Don't think they are available online anymore, but could be worth a try checking in store.
    I have the uniqlo roll neck aswell, great value for money, but the neck is pretty annoying and the john lewis version surpasses it in terms of quality.

Trend Setter
    Or, what about this guys? (£125 down to £37 at Jigsaw) - full merino etc:

Edit: Its available in grey too

S46

Thanks for all the links guys. I've been round to find a few but still not very successful. The John Smedley rollnecks look perfect. Shame about the price tag as I would ideally like to have a couple of colours (dark grey, light grey, burgundy etc.). Anyone else found anything?

Anyone know how the fit is in Jigsaw? This looks like a decent buy: http://www.jigsaw-online.com/product...ck-jumper-7230

+ Reply to Thread