FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Wedding attire for the groom.

Hi,

Me and my better half are looking at getting married October/November this year if we can find a venue.

We wanted to do something a little different with the Groom and groomsmens outfits.

We've had a look around and quite like the idea of country style clothes -

The one on the left minus the wellies plus a tweed jacket. My two questions are do you think this type of thing would work for an Autumn/Winter 2014 wedding? If so where would the best place be to source the items to put the outfits together? (There will be 5 or 6 of us so it has to be done on a budget nothing too expensive)

Thanks in advance

I'm getting married around then too

I like the style, but I would always stick to a more traditional, formal vibe for a wedding tbh. There's a reason for the tradition and I often think it looks a bit gimmicky to stray from it.

If you do go for it I can't see it being cheap; these type of clothes are inherently high quality and you are unlikely to find them for hire.

Style Icon
    I've just typed 'country wedding tweed outfit' in to google images and some beautiful groom outfits pop up! I guess that it would have some relevance if you are known among your friends as a country bumpkin (a farmer for example) and it's part of your identity, or else it might seem a bit wacky. But as for possibilities of outfits, it could look stunning if done authentically. Follow your gut instinct! As per Ivan above if you are going to venture down this route, the fit needs to be absolutely perfect, needs to be tailored really. I get my suits done at asuitthatfits.com and they carry a whole load of tweeds, you'll be able to get a 3 piece for around 700.

Trend Setter
    If you are looking for tailored tweed I would recommend checking out Walker Slater (http://www.walkerslater.com/). They have shops in Edinburgh and London.

They do off the peg and personally tailored tweed.

A tailored tweed suit would be a sick thing to own and a good investment, but buying 5 or 6 of them would end up costing as much as the wedding

Trend Setter
    I'm going for a similar look at my wedding in May, its a village fete themed do, after a wedding at a country church.

We are doing a little more casual, and we both just don't do formal very much. Just don't like it, and the budget we have we just don't think the formal will look great.

Me and my best man are wearing

Chocolate wool trousers and waist coat
    White shirt
    Braces
    Tan Boots/shoes
    Crevat in the wedding colours (light blue/greenish)

Thanks for the responses, I've a look around at some of the available options. I can see what you mean about the expense but then again if you hire really good quality suits that can start costing a bit.

I'll let you know what we decide and if I manage to source everything!

+ Reply to Thread