FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

Opinions on this Blazer please?

Here's the link... AR RED Nick Hart Ink Blue Patch Blazer - Blazers and Jackets - Austin Reed

I'm slightly concerned that it's not 100% wool, but like the cut and look plus obviously the price. I'm looking for something smart casual that will go well with my white or pink oxford shirts and my new white silk pocket square. I'll probably just wear mostly black jeans or cords below because I'm boring like that

Do you guys think it will wear well being a mix rather than pure wool? Also is that style good to go with the items I listed previously? I saw one in the Austin Reed outlet the other day for 175 down from 350 and fell in love with it but I just can't stretch that far with the amount I've spent this month. It's basically a case of buying this now or waiting 'til March if it doesn't fulfill my needs. What does everyone think? Buy or no buy? Otherwise if you've seen something better for 100 or less in navy please feel free to share!

Trend Setter
    Yeah it looks nice, the colour and style look good. I don't think it's a problem that it's not 100% wool, it's not like it's only 30-40% wool and the rest other things, at 70% wool it should still last pretty well. There are still a few nice blazers in the Reiss sales at just under the 100 mark so you might want to check them out too.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by merc05 View Post
    Yeah it looks nice, the colour and style look good. I don't think it's a problem that it's not 100% wool, it's not like it's only 30-40% wool and the rest other things, at 70% wool it should still last pretty well. There are still a few nice blazers in the Reiss sales at just under the 100 mark so you might want to check them out too.
    Thanks I'll check Reiss out now. Didn't even bother looking there as I assumed they wouldn't have much in that range.

Can't go wrong with this mate. Wouldn't worry too much about the material, 100% wool isn't always going to be the best wearing, it sometimes helps have a mix.

Trend Setter
    Thanks Joshua

What do you guys think of this compared to the AR one? Jeffery Navy Herringbone Two Button Blazer - REISS

Also a wool mix, but this time with silk, cashmere and something called PA. Any idea what that is? Also which do you think is better of the two in terms of style and material quality/construction? Must admit I prefer the cut of the AR one, but the materials used on that Reiss one seem superior?

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    Thanks Joshua

What do you guys think of this compared to the AR one? Jeffery Navy Herringbone Two Button Blazer - REISS

Also a wool mix, but this time with silk, cashmere and something called PA. Any idea what that is? Also which do you think is better of the two in terms of style and material quality/construction? Must admit I prefer the cut of the AR one, but the materials used on that Reiss one seem superior?
    I'd go for the Reiss one. Better materials, cashmere and silk and the cut will probably be better with the Reiss one. Basically Reiss is better than AR in my opinion. You could always buy both and see..

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    I'd go for the Reiss one. Better materials, cashmere and silk and the cut will probably be better with the Reiss one. Basically Reiss is better than AR in my opinion. You could always buy both and see..
    Cheers, I assumed you'd suggest that one. I can only really order one as I'm off on holiday next week and don't have time to deal with returns. I guess I'll go with that one. My only concern is maybe it's a little dark to wear with black jeans? It's only a minor issue though as I have other trousers I can switch to if necessary.

Thanks for suggesting Reiss btw Merc05. I didn't realise they had any jackets going so cheap.

Trend Setter
    To play Devil's advocate: patch pockets with a structured shoulder though?

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkestFlamingo View Post
    To play Devil's advocate: patch pockets with a structured shoulder though?
    Yeah I picked up on that as I was ordering. Probably not a fit for what I need afterall.

What does everyone think of this one? AMI - Slim Double-Breasted Cotton-Gabardine Blazer*|*MR PORTER

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbe84 View Post
    Yeah I picked up on that as I was ordering. Probably not a fit for what I need afterall.

What does everyone think of this one? AMI - Slim Double-Breasted Cotton-Gabardine Blazer*|*MR PORTER
    Hmm a difficult one to pull off, it all depends on your body shape. If you are tall and relatively slim it will look great.

+ Reply to Thread