FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 ... Last

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by DorianGrape View Post
    I'm an architect and interior designer.

(I'm not making that up to wind you up, Creed!)
    You are living the dream I know your industry is hard work though, so I respect you for doing it. Do you do commercial or houses?

My ultimate genre is brutalism and modernism from the 60s, and swanky hotel interiors from the 70s.

You are so lucky to have a creative head on you to be in this industry!

Quote Originally Posted by Textbook View Post
    I own/run a business growth consultancy which helps to build high-growth companies. Iím also a Non-Executive Director of several other businesses, including a mobile/web application development agency, an outsourcing business and a sports education programme provider.
    Fingers in many pies. I like it. Hoping to start up my own graphic design company this year, nothing major just something to help pay the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Condor Aasllani View Post
    If anyone ever uses print for their businesses please can you hit me up? I get commission, which allows me to buy more clothes, which means I post more on the forum, which means activity is stimulated on the boards, which means your life is improved.

So really, I'd be doing you a favour.
    I see you point. What's your companies website?

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Fingers in many pies. I like it. Hoping to start up my own graphic design company this year, nothing major just something to help pay the bills.

I see you point. What's your companies website?
    Welcome - JamJar Print | Business Card Printing | Cheap Flyers | Ticket Printing

Site needs updating badly, hoping to finish it Q1 this year

Fashionisto
    I work for Titleist and FootJoy, we're kind of a big deal in Golf.

Trend Setter
    Corporate/Financial Services lawyer.

Still eagerly awaiting the day where someone offers me my dream job. What that is I couldn't tell you.

Fashionisto
    I own a recruitment company. Trying to sustain massive growth (ahem) at the moment.

Fashionisto
    Project Manager/Mechanical Engineer at an Electronics Manufacturing firm.

Trend Setter
    I'm a Vision Engineer for a company called CTV Outside Broadcasts. We effectively, from a technical perspective, make television shows. We are probably the biggest company in the UK with loads of contracts - European Tour golf, Sky Sports Cricket, Match of the Day, Boat Race, London Marathon, World Cup, Olympics, also do loads of concerts, award shows (BAFTA, Brits) and reality TV (One Born Every Minute and 24hrs in A+E).

I'm off to Russian next week for a month to work on the Winter Olympics, i don't do cold very well so it'll be interesting!

Sorry if i sound like i'm bigging up the company i work for too much, proud employee!

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    You are living the dream I know your industry is hard work though, so I respect you for doing it. Do you do commercial or houses?

My ultimate genre is brutalism and modernism from the 60s, and swanky hotel interiors from the 70s.

You are so lucky to have a creative head on you to be in this industry!
    I design commercial buildings and houses. Have done some hotels too but not for a few years - the recession in Ireland put a major halt on nearly all large scale commercial developments and put a lot of architectural practices out of business. I was lucky in that I managed to keep going and things have been gradually picking up over the last year or so... no way near to the level that they were in the "boom-times" but that in many ways isn't a bad thing.

Great thread idea btw, Joshua. Very interesting to see what people do in their daily work lives.

Style Icon
    I'm a consultant software developer/programmer, working with pretty much anything within Microsoft's .NET platform.

Sadly, I started as a consultant right after the whole industry went bust 10 years ago. Consultants are no longer as spoiled as they once were. In fact, sometimes I think we get hired as scape goats - when things turns to shit, everyone points and says "The consultant did it!"

But it's still good. Decent pay, I get to solve problems and listen to Spotify all day, so I'm not complaining.

+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 ... Last