FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Trend Setter
    I'm currently a trainee solicitor in the first year of my training contract. I'm curious, did most of you guys go to uni? If not, how did you get into your current job? It seems like people on this forum have some very cool jobs.

Trend Setter
    I went to uni, did a BSc in Outside Broadcasting effectively teaching me television and video engineering.

Trend Setter
    I work in B2B conferencing and have done for most of the last decade. It's less glamorous than it appears and can be hard work/long hours but you can make big, big money fast if you make friends with the right people. I'm currently in more of an account management role but will go back into sales later this year for financial reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by merc05 View Post
    I'm currently a trainee solicitor in the first year of my training contract. I'm curious, did most of you guys go to uni? If not, how did you get into your current job? It seems like people on this forum have some very cool jobs.
    Good trade to be in. Would be interesting to hear. Never went to Uni, left college, worked at River Island for 6 months then landed the job of my dreams by fate. The RI store burnt down, was made redundant, happened upon the job by chance and they just took a chance on me and the rest is history.

Style Icon
    I didn't go to uni either, I got expelled from school at 15 and didn't even do my GCSE's!! This was in the mid 90s when a teacher could have a bad day and had this sort of power, no way would I have been kicked out these days. Turns out I was diagnosed as dyslexic in my 30s which explains why I just wasn't the academic type.

I have worked since I was 15 and have never had a day without a job since, I started off working in a record shop, then clothes shop Next, then telesales, and that started my sales career, ending up where I am now.

My GF is a barrister, hard times for the legal profession dude. Think it's better for solicitors, try and get into private / corporate side of things cos there is no money on the legal aid side anymore. Gone are the days of altruism in the legal profession, it's sad really.

I didn't go to uni. Went college, scraped through, smoked pot for 10 years while doing driving jobs / shit jobs but somehow ended up alright.

Trend Setter
    Am I the only guy who went to uni here? Currently doing my first year in architecture atm

Nat

Style Icon
    It seems like people on this forum have some very cool jobs.
    There are some cool jobs on here! Unfortunately, mine isn't one of them.... I work for the government as a business analyst. Large-scale IT Transformation projects etc.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    There are some cool jobs on here! Unfortunately, mine isn't one of them.... I work for the government as a business analyst. Large-scale IT Transformation projects etc.
    Nat me and you are in the same bubble! Large government IT programs I bet you are fed up of hearing about digital and agile!

Nat

Style Icon
    Ha yes. On a scrum team atm.

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last